Is it just me or Is this just a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TommyTrucker88, Jan 9, 2018.

1. TommyTrucker88

TommyTrucker88 Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2016
    POCONOS, PA
    So I've only been driving for a bit over a year now and have molded my body and my mind into the driver's seat of a big rig.
    With growing delight and thrill of this career path.
    Just recently my company showed some more skin and what's there goal. They just gave a pay increase unfortunately it's for new drivers. What a bummer right?
    Anyways i made a mistake not too long ago by giving my phone and email to help recruit me into another company just to see what was out there. Little did I know I was to be spamed by them with offers i was not interested in.
    Just recently I noticed from some of these emails that a lot of company's had increased there pay rates starting 2018.
    Now I'm just curious if this. Is because the new mandate on elogs? If it had anything to do with maybe more drivers being needed or drivers leaving because of the mandate or if now work has now taken longer to deliver.
    I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this pay increase all of a sudden and what it might have to do with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Trump did give a tax deduction of 21% to the rich of the richest in hopes they would use that extra money for raises and bonuses to their employees so that maybe what's happening with all the pay increases.most the drivers in todays trucking are new so the elog mandate is not going to make them quit.It'll be for some other reason.

Lepton1 and Bootheel Runner Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    No, just you.........

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Pay is relative..high mileage pay with crappy dispatch is bs.
    Jump around till you find a smaller company thats run well.
    It took me 5 companies before finding one that runs like a clock.
    My days are now stress free.

jammer910Z, Mike2633, Ryan423 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I agree,companies sure like to glamour up their ads and anyone who's been driving awhile can see right thru them.

Steel Dragon, Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No, pay rates are rising all over, albeit slowly. Most companies have "normal and standard longevity pay increases" to deal with existing drivers, but right now, the larger outfits are in a "bidding war" trying to attract new entrants to sign on with them rather than their competitor.

If you've gone above and beyond, made yourself a valued driver they can count on, and have numerous "gold stars" next to your name, there's a good chance they will increase your pay on the spot if you put in a notice to leave. It may only be a penny or two, but it may be worthwhile, depending on the situation you're in. But note, at larger outfits, they may not give a dam if one threatens to leave .... that helps to keep their average driver payroll down. Some care more about keeping the payroll as low as possible rather than retaining good drivers that want more pay as seniority increases. So, it all depends.

tucker, Mike2633 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  8. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    and which company might that be? (I'm still looking in case you were wondering)

9. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
  10. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    All the above I believe.

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.