Is it Just Me???

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Beene07, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Beene07

Beene07 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Is it me or is every trucking company “Bad” these days???? I’ve been in and out of trucking 25+ years and never found a perfect trucking company or a perfect wife for that matter. But I’m still plugging away at both of them. But Reading threw some of the post on “bad companies” are comically embarrassing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    90 percent of trucking jobs suck.
    Some get lucky and get with the other 10 percent.
    Most spend there whole career In the 90 percent
    That suck.
    That's why truck drivers are always pissed off.
    Life sucks for most of them.

4. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    Some of them will always be chasing that golden carrot.

Beene07 Thanks this.
  5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I'm sorry sir you feel that way... BTW, Mr. @Western flyer ... Do you work for Western Flyer? I know a dispatcher that used to work there... He moved to another company that treats their drivers with respect and consideration. It has been taking a while for him to adjust to his new company but he is getting better...
    I am fortunate... the first company I worked for, even though was a so called bottom feed mega with negative image in the industry, I was able to have good communication with everybody that mattered to me... my dsp, load planner, log people, payroll people, breakdown people, shop foreman, equipment supervisor... and even vice president... As a consequence, I would get great runs, be sent home whenever I needed, get good equipment, and was given a brand new truck that came straight from the dealer with 10 miles on it.
    Left the company because my account was not renewed and I decided to try something different and make more money.
    The company I am now, is great. They treat drivers with respect and a lot of appreciation.
    Companies like those are out there... but I think that it also depends on the way the driver communicates with them. Every company has a system, a way of doing things and it's important to check everything in full detail before going into a company and then learning how to "play" with their system.
    And if it doesn't work, move somewhere else...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    BTW there's no perfect anything... :biggrin_25512: one must check thoroughly a company before deciding which company to go... and then learn how to communicate and how to work with them...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Okay, whose fault is that? If they keep making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting the results to be different they're doomed to failure.
    If they're unhappy and pissed off and want to know the reason they need to look in the mirror.
    And I agree with you, there are some truly horrible companies out there. But once you know who they are you leave and stay away.

8. Beene07

Beene07 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Now this was a good reply, respect and consideration to a driver goes a long ways for myself. It take a lot of stress and a peace of mind.

LtlAnonymous and Rocks Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Is it because most rookies expect way too much from a company? A company isn't mommy and daddy. They give you the work to do and you do it. If you don't want to do the work the door is always open.
    I've never worked for a perfect trucking company. I don't think they exist. But I've worked for some that, once you figured out their game plan, were really easy to get along with.
    And you're right, some of the complaints are comical.

10. Beene07

Beene07 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I agree completely, building a bond you can trust in doesn’t come overnight and I’ve talked with several drivers over the road that have been with 3 or 4 companies within a couple year period. That has no clue of this part of our job as drivers.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. Beene07

Beene07 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2016
    It’s not all the companies at fault, they are forced into hiring unstable work histories by shortage and with that comes a lack of experience also. Especially in flatbed companies where it shows immediately.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.