Is it me or is freight very slow @Werner now.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Nascar_Bobby, Apr 28, 2009.

1. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    I have been sitting for 2 days. I just got a preassigned load earlier today. The only problem is that it picks up tomorrow at 1130.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Freight is slow. Other half a year ago was doing 2900 a week solo. Now he's averaging about 2100. Hes said that unless he starts getting 2500 a week, after 18 years, he's going to have to leave, as he can't afford to work for them anymore. And he's on a dedicated account.

4. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    Freight seems to be very random week to week at least for me on midwest regional.

my last 4 weeks. These are weds to weds since thats when werner resets the miles page on the computer.

3 weeks ago 1900
    2 weeks 1100
    last week 2000 (had 2 days off)
    this week so far (weds to sat) 2200

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I'm not with Werner. But I wanted to weigh in on this.

I wouldn't take this as a "poor economy" decision. I would take this as a "poor financial planning" decision.

It comes in all shapes and sizes. some drivers need 3000 minimum, some a bit more, some a bit less.

But after 18 years on the same job. You expect a man to be in a better position in life, rather than worrying day to day about his pay check. But that's just my opinion.

6. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Im going to ignore that you are insulting him after actually having a work ethic of continued service for 18 years with a single company. Can you say the same? Especially since you have no idea how heavily invested he may be with stock and 401K (especially since he only lost 10% of his 401K with the "crash" and has made money off his 401K since the crash, when so many others havent).

It comes down to a simple matter of being able to simply exist by paying all the bills (we have absolutely no debit other than normal bills such as rent, electric, insurance), versus being able to pay all bills and put money in the bank.

And the option of selling stock or turning in a 401K is not an option that we want to persue.

You seem to assume that we are to the point of homeless/foreclosure, and drowning in debt, when that is not the case. It simply comes down to making a profit and not sitting in the middle of nowhere for two days with no pay. If the wheels aint turning, then its wasted time.

And if you don't work for Werner, then why are you commenting on a Werner board when you absolutely have no business commenting on a Werner topic?

7. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Please remember there are rules about being rude to others on this forum EVERYONE can comment on ANY topic/thread that is on this board. NO you dont have to agree with their statement BUT they can post it without being "bashed/insulted/or treated rudely"...if you dont like a post then address the POST not the POSTER.

JennCTW, 73 FJ40 and Mastertech Thank this.
  8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    The thread is about whether freight is slowing at Werner. Some people know more about Werner than the employees do . I'll post this info even though I have no business commenting on a Werner topic .
    http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=77893

9. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well gee, I guess my other half cant be perfect like everyone else and live on 2100 miles a week aka around $450-$500 after taxes and deductions.

And I guess that working for the same company for 18 years means that a work ethic is less important than finding the "perfect" company, and continuing to work with a company that is well known to be "difficult" to work for and having a good record. If you find one, more power to ya. Work for them 18 years with 0 accidents, a nearly 100% on time record in the past 10 years, and five log violations in five years (15 minutes each), if ya can. No he's not super trucker, and knows that Werner will screw him any chance they can, but he takes pride in his record for the work he does.

And so sorry that some people are just too "sensitive" to insult others, yet the person being insulted can't defend themselves without being "slapped" on the hand for being a meanie. So sorry for being mean and being a straight shooter person to someone that insults me and my other half...

I'm done.. I've been insulted not once, but twice on the same thread for defending my other half's work ethic and assumptions that we can't handle our finances. Talk about insults. BS And I get the "your a bad little girl" routine? Screw that.

I am done with this board since I'm too "up front" and "bottom line" with the truths, and not a chronic complainer like so many others. You can go back to your normal bashing and whining routine now...... without fear of someone calling your bluff on your lies.

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

You are absolutely right. I do NOT work for Werner.

But I do know financial irresponsibility when I see it. When you bring a topic to a thread, you should be prepared to see a response. Even if you don't like it.

Too many people live beyond their means, then get worried when things slow. Is this Werner's fault? Or the employee?

As for the "work" ethic. Having a good "life" ethic is more important.

18 years and fearful
    VS.
    2 years and walked off a job, then sat at home for 2 months, without worry.

I can do it again tomorrow. Can you ?

11. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    No one has "slapped" your hand, or "insulted" you.
    Everyone was just asked to attack the post, and not the poster, thats all, so just relax. I understand the economy sucks, and things are tight, but, we all need to be respectful of one another.

This is not directed just at you....Its for everyone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.