Is it possible to employment in trucking after failed drug screen

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by BlackBerry, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Oh for Pete sake, get off it already.

You've nothing useful to say to the op. Even if they were a user in the past and are now clean would you still condemn them?

Stick yourself in that kind of person's shoes. I know that if I ####ed my life up, got clean and on the straight and narrow I'd want a second chance.

Would you rather they file for unemployment and sit on their #####?

Take your pick driver. I know I'd rather share the road with a driver that's trying to be a better man over someone that's in it because they thought it was easy.......

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I just got an offer from them.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  5. BlackBerry

BlackBerry Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Appreciate the response from everyone.would like to hear from someone who has been through the SAP program and obtained employment

6. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    I do not believe somebody who has failed a drug test should be given the opportunity to drive a commercial vehicle. I didn't make the rules. The testing is there to keep users out. And I am glad.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    I do believe in second chances... There are folks out there who were unwittingly dragged into drug abuse, that doesn't make it any less their fault and certainly isn't an excuse though. I don't want drug users on the road either, but I surely would hate to see them turn back to drugs because nobody would hire them.

That being said, if you've failed in the past and want to have this as a career I do feel that you should be subject to monthly drug tests, as well as at least one random test every 2 months.

If you fail again, your license is yanked completely for life. No class A, B, C or M.

Leaving only stuff that's under 250cc like a moped or a bike to get around...

8. BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015
    You back off Wild Murphy you
    havemade your position very clear your opinion is not relevant or needed. Looking for someone who can share relevant knowledge and or experience

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Hambert Thanks this.
  9. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Unfortunately, these days folks have to know someone to have any sort of more "open" experience. Even then, that doesn't always work.

I don't support drug use at all, and frankly if it were up to me then I've got a pretty good idea on how to put a stop to it. But that's not what this thread is about.

I don't feel sympathetic for users in the least. Those who can't or don't want to get clean need to have their options removed as a whole. I do however feel that a person who genuinely wants a second chance deserves one, but only one.

I think it's funny... I really do.

Everyone is against these drug tests where they take your hair for a history. But once you're found out, all bets are off. Can't have it both ways...........

10. BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015
    It appears this site is a forum for ignorant opinion and not a source of useful information. BlackBerry out

11. Erick Evans

Erick Evans Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    This forum can be really helpful, but I don't think too many people that have positive drug tests on their records post in this forum therefore you are not gonna get much helpful information on this subject.

The best advice that I can offer is to apply to as many companies as possible, good luck.

Hambert Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.