Is it possible to employment in trucking after failed drug screen

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by BlackBerry, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Eh... There's lots of useful info. If there wasn't then I wouldn't have stayed.

...but it's kind of like Wikipedia.
    Gotta weed through the crap entries.

Nobody here supports drug use and considering the news lately it's a VERY sore topic. Anytime someone posts asking questions like you've asked its like salt in the wound.

If you're going to leave, well that sucks but it's your choice. But you'll have to learn real quick which topics to not bring up.

Elogs, drugs, and weapons... Just don't even.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlackBerry

BlackBerry Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Just so you know I have been driving since 82 and have over 2,000,000 miles accident free driving in every kind of rig you can think of including oversized and heavy haul have never driven any vehicle under the influence of any mind altering substance was looking legal advice you newcomer superstraight rookies who have never seen a V-8 CAT or a brownlite transmission will never be half the driver I am and cannot jude me

HotH2o and 123456 Thank this.
  4. BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015
    Wild Murphy may be right it might be time real old-school driver's like me pack it up and let the Nancy boys take over

5. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    Hey man, really hate to see an elite driver go. But before you do, can you please explain to me what "a newcomer superstraight rookie" is?

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Are more and more ppl doing illegal drugs these days?I'm seeing threads like this daily use to be weekly.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Im leaving not let me go back and school the "rookies", whatever Im not buying and I gave a very helpful response to you at first

8. BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015
    To Trooper yes you did thank you

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  9. BrockLanders

BrockLanders Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Yes, it's possible.

Many companies do offer a "second chance" type program where you have to complete the SAP deal and submit to monthly observed randoms. It's left to the company's discretion as to whether they allow this or not and it must be defined in their drug testing policy.

Hambert Thanks this.
  10. BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015
    To wild Murphy what I mean by that is I started driving at a time when running 2 log books was common I drove alot of 100 mph trucks our terminal manager at OKC kept a desk drawer full of diet pills for driver's on hot loads. Things have changed and that's great but to me a driver doing a few lines at a party three days before he gets in a. truck,is no deal but I'm a dinosaur on his way out

HotH2o Thanks this.
  11. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    @BlackBerry

This is why things are so sore and everyone is uptight about drug threads. We see them almost daily. Obviously with your experience you've seen the bs that gets pulled.

I would strongly encourage you to stay. Especially with the experience you've got.

I'm barely a year in myself, so I couldn't offer what I felt was an accurate answer to your question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.