is it wise to avoid working for a company that claims they are poor?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by kidz bop, May 16, 2020.

1. Jake Brake 15

Jake Brake 15 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Ohio

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jake Brake 15

Apr 17, 2016
    Ohio
    The older trucks are 'good enough' for local P & D work. They're not going to be out 300 miles from home broken down on the side of the road. Makes sense to me to keep them running for that work rather than furnish new trucks.

Those drivers want to drive s newer truck? Drive line haul vs local p n d work. They're home EVERY night and off weekends.

There's always a trade offs in job benefits depending upon what a person wants in their life. ;)

4. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    close the thread.

a poor company may or may not be a good place to work.

the company i'm with may or may not be poor. Not really a topic i care about in terms of discussing it. Was dumb thread creation the answers have been found on my own accord no further discussion needed atleast with me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Pfft. You ain't never done P&D in our neck of the woods, son. >500mi days are not uncommon.

I've done LTL from all sides, and AFAIC the linehaul and P&D pay schedules should be reversed. P&D are physical labor, customer service, challenged in the realms of 'how do I get in there?' 'how do I get this off?' 'how do I load this trailer for maximum efficiency?' and a half-dozen other categories. Linehaul might have to move a dolly two feet and could actually be expected to drive a forklift. OMG!!

MACK E-6, Sirscrapntruckalot and McUzi Thank this.
  6. Jake Brake 15

Apr 17, 2016
    Ohio
    Point was, all jobs are different. Personally, 'daddy', I've never had to touch freight, which is why I personally took a job where I 'truck drive'.

For those who choose to do differently, more power to them, that's there business; not my monkey, not my circus.

Now, by all means tell me how I'm shiftless, lazy or 'back in the daaaayyy.. I made 34 stops a day unloading and loading freight'.

I dont care if you did or not. You 'made you choice' to do so; your business, not mine.

I know what I want to do and I don't want a job where if I can avoid physical labor at work, all the better. Fourteen hours is long enough for me without being physically exhausted and nasty/dirty on top of that do. Again, my choice. Some would choose differently; their choice. ;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    To each their own. I was just tellin' ya that P&D units aren't necessarily strictly short haul.

8. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I get paid well with good equipment and I’m in that rabbit hole

9. Jake Brake 15

Apr 17, 2016
    Ohio
    I understand. I was speaking from the perspective of what I know from YRC. ;)

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I got a brand spanking new Peterbilt to run peddle with a while back. We all did, and those were given out by seniority, not “we like linehaul drivers better”.

Thankfully we run tandem axles for linehaul, but I’ll do one with mine if I know I’m pulling pups both ways. It doesn’t take for the twin screws to get disgusting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.