Is my CDL banned for life? 1st DUI 32 years ago, 2nd 13 years ago

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mantrasonica, May 19, 2018.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The problem is he didn't make 2 mistakes. He got caught making mistakes twice over an 18 year period. How many times did he drive drunk and not get caught? I betcha the number is in the hundreds. At least it is if he is typical of someone who drives drunk...

Well, I should say was, as he did state (later) that he hasn't drunk anything in 12 years. That's good, it means 12 years ago he finally grew up....

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I can't remember if the OP has said anything about if he is still consuming alcohol or not. I'm not going to say anything negative to him about those past DUI's. What I am going to say is I hope he does not drink then get behind the wheel again. Once you get that CDL the legal landscape changes a bit. This is one reason a lot of people make comments about fighting every ticket you get in court. I don't agree with fighting every ticket but I do agree with the concept. If you are able to get back to work after these suspensions from a DUI most carriers will tell you directly, don't get another one. You get 2 strikes. Then you are going to do without that CDL for 10 years. Look at those tables in §383.51 very carefully. There is more then just DUI's that can cost you that CDL.

4. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Speaking of booze, last weekend I tasted Bloody Mary for the first time in my life.
    Utterly disgusting.

5. Mantrasonica

Mantrasonica Bobtail Member

May 19, 2018
    Northern California
    Engaging in a pissing contest with a skunk over the internet is pointless. You don't know anything about me yet you're able to make sweeping conclusions about me? What a bunch of sanctimonious horse ####!
    Ha! What a bunch of sanctimonious #########! Lol

fargonaz Thanks this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Or maybe he didn't grow up 12 years ago.....

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I don't know anything about you and further I don't want to. All I know is every person I know with multiple DUIs has a drinking problem. I can't help what others say in these comments. All I can do is be responsible for myself. If you have a drinking problem I just hope it does not get in the way of your driving. I hope you have stopped. I want you to get that CDL and a fantastic job and go make some money. Since I wrote my last comment above Monday I was in the hospital from 7 AM yesterday till about 11 30 AM this morning. I don't feel well and stay dizzy a lot. I made 3 short comments in 2 other threads yesterday afternoon from my hospital bed. I only bring this up so you understand where I am coming from. Only you know the truth in regard to your use of alcohol. Hopefully this will not be a problem for you going forward. However if it is you will find just how difficult things can get. That CDL is your livelihood. <<Don't EVER forget that!!

Mantrasonica Thanks this.
  8. Mantrasonica

May 19, 2018
    Northern California

9. Mantrasonica

May 19, 2018
    Northern California
    I have lots of first hand experience with hospitals. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    well if you go into the dept of transport and try applying for a CDL see what happens one would think they do all those checks first, if it is bad news would you be able to still apply for a CDL in another state or is it reciprocal ?

11. Mantrasonica

May 19, 2018
    Northern California
    I was issued a commercial learner's permit by the CA DMV today with all endorsements except for school bus. All that remains is completion of the hazardous materials threat assessment by the TSA and completion of the training program which I will soon commence. Passage of the skills test will be a snap.
    Thankfully, my request to purge my MVR was granted so my 10-year report shows nothing. No tickets, no accidents, no anything - completely clean! I'm feeling pretty good about this. I'm really looking forward to getting started.

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.