is my o.t.r career over??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by HAZMAT66, Dec 19, 2011.

1. old-school

old-school Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2007
    south western ohio
    was not looking

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtjersey

dirtjersey Light Load Member

Dude ur in nyc and have 2 yrs exp? Im from jersey, there is a bunch of local and otr companies based in north jersey. You can even take the metro in jersey i believe.

4. dirtjersey

dirtjersey Light Load Member

Craigslist.com; for starters check here..

5. Cudascious

Cudascious Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2011
    New Mexico
    So I want to hear more about the trailer preventables. What exactly happened?

6. HAZMAT66

HAZMAT66 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2011
    forest hills, ny
    Well i drop a mt trailer in a drop yard park it in far back of the yard along side of a busted fence. 1st of all this is the smallest drop yard the company has in the NE. & they also share it with 2 other companys. So i put it were i could fit it.. 2nd this is a wooded tree area a small tornado hit the NE doing alot of tree damage in NYC & NJ... I came off my home time went back 2 get another mt trailer notice lots of trees on ground in the yard. 2 days later safety called me saying the mt trailer i had drop had damage 2 it & that since i had it last that was being charge with a equiptment preventible....

I made a attempt 2 appeal it with the company (lost) then i took it 2 hire right (DAC) & went threw there appeals process (lost) hire right gives the company 30 days 2 answer the appeal if they dont answer they remove it.....hire right told me that the company ( safety dept:) just went with the facts " I HAD THE TRAILER LAST " i beleave that a tree truck the trailer due that tornado cause the spot i park it there was a half of a damage tree on the ground were i park that trailer......

It doesnt come up on my DAC as a preventiblle its just says "EQUIPTMENT " & it gives the date & location....but if u read my last post youll see that company isnt apart of hire right (DAC) INDEX..... So hire right informed me that it wont be on my DAC anymore....but the company will be on my DAC saying when i worked for them but not the preventibles....... I hope i answered your question.......

7. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior rocking-n-rollin again

Dec 6, 2011
    South West
    Infrared61Ranger....LMFAO...hey we cant claim every ding...Great post Brother...

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I don't believe in todays electronis age the companies call previous employer's the use hireright and base it off that. with that being said if an employer isn't on the dac you probably wont get credit for the time spent with that company. I would only answer the questions they ask honestly. if i remember right the application asks about accidents not incidents.

9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I've put a few dings on some trailers. If it wasn't effecting another company's equipment or making the trailer unsafe operating condition, then im not reporting ####. Being honest is what gets you canned or your DAC killed.

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    In this day and age you can't hide anything. A few hours on the internet and a few phone calls has the last 10yrs of every ones life out there. Lie about your driving record to get a driving job?

So lets say you next accident is major with injuries or fatalities, but it appears not to be your fault. A ####### of a lawyer digs up your past of which your employer knows nothing about and your employer drops you like a stone and probably sues you, it is now all your fault- the accident where you should never have been in the first place because you lied to get the job that put you there etc etc etc. Wanna lie?

11. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

It's .org, not .com

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.