Is Roehl ever going to get any new equipment?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by paoldschool, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    I just reached the one year mark since my start date with Roehl. During that first year I drove a 2006 International 9400i. I liked the truck for the most part. It wasn't much to look at, but it was very reliable, and had a decent amount of room in it, so that helped a lot.

A couple weeks ago they took me out of the International and gave me a shiny new 2013 Cascadia. I absolutely LOVE this truck. It's smooth and quiet, and really a pleasure to drive. I'm hoping to have ot for a long time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I look at it this way,as long as a company has DOT ready equipment,it does'nt matter to me if it's pretty or not.At least you're getting paid.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  4. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I love my 2013 Cascadia also. I told my wife it's like driving a big EconoLine Van. Easy, quiet, comfortable. I feel the same as you. I hope I keep this ride until they sell it off in a few years!

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  5. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Eh, yes and no. It is a work truck, but the rest of the time it's my apartment. I like it to look nice.

DrtyDiesel and skyviper73 Thank this.
  6. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Sure I'd have no problem with the 2 Columbia's I run if they didn't breakdown or have some sort of issue that causes me to stop driving and get fixed. Has happened many times already still have them, some weeks go without a problem but they are few and far between. And while this happens you see newer model Cascadia's and Prostar's up and down the highway. I dont really care about the chrome and being spec'd out. I have a problem of stopping for issues on a constant basis. New trucks have these too but the pill would be easier to swallow for that reason then a high mileage truck that they're to stubborn to replace. So if I did have a late model truck that was consistant on not having issues then sure I'd be happy not having a newer truck. And on top of that from a professional stand point having a truck with no beaten up, broken or missing pieces would be excellent, just #### embarassing.

7. fate763

fate763 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2012
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Coopnp I know where you are coming from I have been on my own for almost three weeks now and already I have had to get the v-pod replaced in my 07 columbia. Truck was lugging and hiccupping like crazy had to go about 50-60 miles in 8th gear to get it to the place to get it fixed and now it is starting to do the same thing two weeks later. i hit 1000-1250 RPMs and the truck spits and sputters until I can finally up shift. Once I get above 55MPH it is fine as long as I stay above it. I don't care about having a brand new truck I just want one that works properly.

8. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    I can write a novel or all the issues I had with the two 14/7 trucks. I told them either a) we replace our two trucks, b) I go 11/3 and wont drive anything older than a 09, or c) I find employment elsewhere. I went 11/3 and got a 2012 prostar. I was losing time, money and my mind. Going through a bad week is fine but for me was a bad 6 months. And I know I've already been to the dealer already with my new truck. LOL. I honestly felt embarrassed driving the other too trucks, temporary fixing problems to limp to a terminal, waiting at a terminal, waiting for roadside assistance. Just got to be too much. My FM cares and said he didn't want me to quit and I was a good driver for him and hooked it up. I was never a jerk about the problems and was easy going about repairs even if it costed me money in the long run. I guess it paid off I'm sure if I was rude over the countless times I wouldn't have been treated as good. Now if the new truck has problems its ok I'm 11/3 I can stay out longer and the new truck has so many perks to out weigh the negative.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.