Is Stevens Really The Best Training Company?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by RoadDriver -Andre, Aug 27, 2012.

1. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Getting home depends on your DM and letting them know in advance. My DM on company side is cool as hell. I told him Sunday/Monday I needed to be home by Saturday (last minute I know). And sure enough he got me to Jersey yesterday. So staying out 4 months is BS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieselten77

Dieselten77 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Astoria,NY

Hey vegasfanNJ hope your doing well. I am from NY and I live in Astoria, Queens. I am planning of going to Stevens in March next year, I have a question to ask you. When you come home to NJ where you park your truck? Do you park your truck at your house or do you go to a designated area that Stevens tell you? I will appreciated if you can answer my question and be safe out there.:biggrin_25525:

4. isbrob2

isbrob2 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not vegas but I to am going to Stevens myself in Dec. I already asked them about that and they told me that they will have you park it in a designated area. We can't take it home with us unless you are on there lease program or decide to purchase a truck which even with leasing the truck is kind of like when you rent a home. It's technically your truck until you either turn in the keys or decide to purchase to become an owner operator. Hope this answers your question. Hope to see you out there some day. Be safe and be successfull.

5. Dieselten77

Jan 3, 2012
    Astoria,NY
    Hey thanks Isbrob2 for your answer. So your going in Dec to Stevens? Wish the best and also be safe out there and keep me posted on what your doing, and yes we will see each other out there, driving those nice trucks... See you soon.... God bless....

6. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    There are a bunch of places to park in our area. Thermo King in North Jersey, any Peterbilt, KW dealership. There are also a bunch of third party vendors they use that are approved. One in Carteret NJ the one I park at is in Sayreville NJ. Its a trailer repair shop that Stevens uses.

Dieselten77 Thanks this.
  7. Dieselten77

Jan 3, 2012
    Astoria,NY

Thanks VagasFan..... The one that is closer to me is North Jersey,NJ. It's like 28 min from where I live. Thanks again and be safe out there

8. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Metropolitan has a lot right down 17 in Fairview NJ that rents lot space. When I worked for them truckers used to park in their secured lot. What they charged-I have not idea.

Dieselten77 Thanks this.
  9. hikintrucka

hikintrucka Bobtail Member

May 26, 2011
    its a good thing crack is cheap

123456 Thanks this.
  10. RoadDriver -Andre

RoadDriver -Andre Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Hey guys my phone was disconnected but great news right now. Haven't been able to post anything due to not having time and not a computer to post. Ramon forgot his password but he managed to pull thru. We both had a hard time a really hard one. This school has one of the best instructors to teach and they do a lot to help. I will post more when I can and me and im going to orientation Sunday. I feel so happy right now and we both are. If anyone will be around Sunday let me know. And also me and Ramon want to do teams. Can anyone give us any information on teams at Stevens, any information will help thanks. See ya out on the road soon

11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Well if the two if you stay in schedule and make it back to OR 2 at the same time you can partner up for that phase of training.. I would hold that thought about teaming though until you have had a taste of living in a closet on wheels with another man... you will get at least 8 weeks of that during training, then you can decide.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.