Is there a minimum time you have to spend with CRE?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by kc10acc, May 12, 2009.

1. kc10acc

kc10acc Bobtail Member

May 9, 2009
    USA
    I am thinking about going to CRE's school (non-experienced). I will be paying for the school up front $1995 vs $2995. Will I have to sign a minimum time to work contract with them if I pay up front? Because if I have to leave or want to leave at some point after I get my CDL, I want to be able to leave without breaking contract. Thats one reason I am paying up front and the other is just to save $1000. You just never know what will happen. I might get activated in the reserves, family sickness, or maybe I just won't want to drive for them, who knows. Just curious if there is a commitment even if I pay for the trainging on my dollar. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    NO, I did the same thing but it only cost me $999. It was a Xmas special they were running at the time. I stayed on all the way through the second phase of there driving program. They were bent on trying to get me to lease. I told them flat out, Give me a company truck or I'm walking ! I did not walk far, I actually stopped at central refrigerated down the street from cre in salt lake, on my way to the airport. I had to go out with a trainer for a week and I was on my own.

Just be aware of what your signing during the orientation. I clearly made it a point to have explained to me what I was signing and why. Sometimes they seem to forget about a person that can actually pay for something.

4. niceguy19702

niceguy19702 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Fort Smith,
    Rookie Trucker. How was training? Was the school pretty good? Where was yours at?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.