Is there a way to manually load/unload air compressor on a Cascadia

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by PermanentTourist, Dec 16, 2019.

1. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    I believe my load/unload valve is stuck, and I'm not building any pressure. I replaced the governor and the entire air dryer, doesn't help. I am just trying to get the truck to move to the shop. Is there any way to manually force the valve on these compressors? 2014 dd15 cascadia.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    My century has a Schrader valve that goes straight to the tank.

4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    no way to manually force it. Changing unloader valve in air compressor is pita... change the whole air compressor .

PermanentTourist Thanks this.
  5. PermanentTourist

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    I had TA change the compressor, seemed to work. And now the whole vicinity doesn't smell like oil anymore whenever the air drier puffs. So that's good.

Now my espar heater is starting to go bad, and that's not so good. Do you know anything about those things? You seem to always have good mechanical advice.

6. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Probably just needs a good cleaning. They will build up soot in the screens and on the igniter pin until it will no longer ignite. Pull it apart clean it out with some pipe cleaners, replace screens and pin.

7. PermanentTourist

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    Nice, I'll try that next time when on a lazy load. This thing has had no maintenance whatsoever, certainly not in the 400,000 miles that's I've put on the truck. And probably not in the previous 400,000, miles either, because werner.

Anything critical to watch out for so I don't make it worse? I'll try to find some youtube videos too.

8. Mike250rs

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    The screens inside are delicate. For the pin removal you will need a tool. I was too cheap to buy one. Took a cutoff wheel to a 12mm deep socket and slotted it for the wire. Pin looks exactly like an O2 sensor on a car.

9. PermanentTourist

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    Some other guys are telling me to run the heater on kerosene for a little while. They say it will burn off the deposits without needing to take stuff apart. What do you think?

10. Mike250rs

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Never tried it. IF you do try it, have someone hold your beer and record the video in landscape format :p

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  11. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Landscape is muy importanté! I wanna punch every portrait mode youtuber in the throat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.