Is there any use for me to continue with trucking?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by davetrucker, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    not necessarily...try at least.

good luck.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rerun8963

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    they WILL ASK you on all applications to list all licenses held (with-in x number of years) then you have to list those. as at the moment i do not have any applications i can refer to, if there is a cut off point (say 5 years) and you have been in Florida 6, you might be good to go..

i can look up an application or two, then get back to you in a bit.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  4. davetrucker

davetrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    I've called each state: La, Ohio, Indiana the DMV office doesn't show these offenses, But they told me to call the Clerks office, being that these were criminal, they do show. I asked HireRite for a copy but they said because no one has requested my info, they can't give me anything. Hmmmm. I've also requested a packet from the FBI so I can receive my lifetime criminal record.

123456 Thanks this.
  5. Rerun8963

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee

ok first, for the time being i cannot get an application to check on how many licenses one had they ask for (in years)

next, you ARE ENTITLED to a DAC copy free of charge, they usually will not give information over the phone. now if you want a DMV check done by DAC, that you may have to pay for. it will cost you money to call each states DMV office to verify any information on yourself.

again, there is a time frame asked for on all applications of previous licenses held, but how far back they ask, i just cannot confirm right now.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    dave,

make 2 more posts,

then you'll be able to use the private message feature.

You'll receive more replys perhaps..........

davetrucker Thanks this.
  7. davetrucker

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    So, Since the last DUI was in 2001 and a company only goes back...say 5 years, the reason I disclose any and all offenses is for the honesty factor right? Like the guy at Roehl said he only goes back 5 years...what about the rest of the stuff?

8. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    When you apply for a job the company will pull your MVR thru a company that can check for all 50 states. So just because it doesn't show on a FL report doesn't mean it wont show period.

I'd check with Roehl. They were talking to someone a few months back from my class that had 3 DUI's.

But in all honesty if you still drink and drive please don't become a professional driver. I'm not saying you do but I have known people that just couldn't get that monkey off there back.

Edit: Just seen you talked to someone at Roehl.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  9. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Most companies will allow 1 lifetime maximum and will require it to be more than 10 yrs old. You have several so chances are slim to none and slim just left.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  10. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Get your own criminal background at the local PD. Those old DUIs won't usually show on a DMV report, but the courts never forget. Most any company will run one and it would be a good idea to know for sure what's on yours before you keep on guessing.

davetrucker Thanks this.
  11. davetrucker

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Thanks...I do have great respect for the industry. Monkey was slaughtered, BBQd and devoured. No monkey here. Ready to prove myself as a safe, effective, dedicated OTR driver if given the chance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.