Is there any use for me to continue with trucking?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by davetrucker, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    yes, true, not too many are accountable, but then too, how many states have a plethora of loop holes in their laws that people poke holes through..??

there in lies perhaps the bigger problem.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Either way he had to many chances already. IMO

4. davetrucker

davetrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Well all I can say is that those screw ups weren't under a CDL. I shouldn't have done it. I'm not on dope, don't drink and drive and I've learned many a lesson. If it's meant to be...I'll see ya somewhere down the road, I'll buy ya a cup of coffee. If not, it wasn't cause I didn't try! Thanks for you thoughts.

Rerun8963 Thanks this.
  5. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    The criticism posted about Davetrucker's history is valid, but it's repetitive at this point. If you aren't able to help answer the original question, please refrain from posting in this thread.

Redtires019, BigJohn54 and just lil me Thank this.
  6. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Dear Dave, I sincerely hope you get the chance. While I'm very vocal against DUI, I do think the fact that it's been ten years speaks of the change in your life. As a sober alchoholic (I've been sober now 30 years) I'll be blunt and honest: the only difference between your record and mine is that I never got caught.

I hope that however this works out that you do not let the circumstances or the criticisms change your dedication to remaining sober.

And yes, everyone deserves a second chance in life, even a fourth or seventh. Sometimes however, we just don't get another chance in a specific area. Best wishes to you.

T-N

7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    That's exactly where I was going. If he gets his CDL then fine. He's got enough information to know that finding a job is not going to be easy. If they do refuse him a CDL there are steps he can take to get the CDL back.

8. davetrucker

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Thanks Nana...Great to hear from you and your encouragement! I'll be fine with whatever comes from this. Stay safe...

9. davetrucker

Jun 9, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.

I have the insurance waiver from school to go get the CDL. I passed all the required test to get the CDL. I'm just waiting for funds to pay for it all. Like I mentioned before, I've been sleeping in a tent at a campground 98 miles from home just to go to school. Before I apply any further, I'm waiting on my request of my criminal record to see just what is on it so I don't falsify any apps. With $500, I can expunge the Louisiana offense. I spoke with the clerks of courts and they said others are possible. Lord help me....

123456, BigJohn54 and Rerun8963 Thank this.
  10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011

A couple questions need to be asked...

First, when was 383.51 published into the Federal Register? More specifically, when did violations in personal vehicles begin counting against the CDL? If the DUI's predate the regulations, an argument can be made that the regulations are in effect an ex post facto law, which is banned under the US Constitution in Article 1 Section 9. You cannot pass a law (or regulation) which enacts new or stiffer penalties for an act which was committed prior to that law being written.

Second, if the regulations were in effect prior to the DUI's, do they apply to non-CDL holders? He has never received a DUI as a CDL holder.

11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    I`d go buy more beer. Heck with it.:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.