Is there anything required for crossing over to Mexico?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by I.C. Weiner, Jan 18, 2018.

1. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    If you see a naked seniorita in the middle of the road,don’t stop for her.Her boyfriend will cut your airlines then you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    How to you "accidently" cross into a foreign country? I call B.S. on that one

4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    AK47 and lots of banana clips - Good Luck!

5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    You only need to watch a video or two of some of the disgusting #### the less-than-humans in the cartels do to other people, to realize northern Mexico is by far one thousand times worse than Auschwitz in its heyday.

Not a chance I would set foot across the border.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I prefer the M1...and banana bread.

austinmike Thanks this.
  7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    A coworker of mine was in Mexico. I don’t remember all the details but he ended up taking a Mexican bus back towards the border. He mentioned at a couple stops the bus was searched by security personnel that looked more like hooded bandits with AK47s. He made it back without being bothered by anyone somehow. Let me tell you no one looks more U.S. than this guy, lol. This guy epitomizes middle class America.

He was sweating bullets the whole way. No pun intended.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I don't know how it is there today but almost everybody I know that has spent any time at all there warned me about the borders. Mexico has a national boundry and military boundrys. The area between them is mostly controlled by the cartels and is very dangerious. Over the last 20 or so years this activity has spilled over into the US. I know a guy that worked a ranch in Arizona. He took his family and left the southern part of Arizona after bloodshed happened on the ranch property. I honestly hate it that some of the Mexican people are trapped. I hate to say this, but at this point a wall on that border might not be the solution. It might become necessary at some point for the US to make that border a military border. Problem with that is I don't think we can afford it.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    It would be expensive. It would not solve any problems. Walls were never intended to out individual people, or even groups of people. When used militarily they were intended to keep out siege equipment, cavalry, and break up enemy supply lines. Individuals can very easily scale walls, dig underneath them, or simply just go around. We certainly don't have the budget to line up guards along the top like we did in feudalist times. The Great Wall of China was more a symbolic display of power than anything else, sort of the pyramids in Egypt. And the Roman Hardian wall just flat out failed to serve any real purpose.

Something about this wall would have to be different. Historically they have not worked over such long stretches of territory.

10. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Don't go, you won't come back.

11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    The military has taken control in the northern part of Mexico, let's just say ever since the Mexican marines arrived here in northern Mexico. cartels have gone away as they avoid the Mexican marines at all cost. If not look up el marino loco is a well known marine who humiliates drug cartel members.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.