Is there really a need for a business account?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Tripp_84, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Stubby the tractor

Stubby the tractor Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Some may beg to differ but it is important to have a business account, and for this reason. What the IRS does is only as good as the fingers typing in the information. Something entered wrong the blame stills falls onto you to correct. IRS decides to shut down or hold your account and if all you have is your personal account then you're shut down both personally and business wise. You should never mix the two just for that reason alone. There are "fee less" accounts out there you just need to do some homework.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I'm sure most will say my story is a personal problem. And I agree with that, however it's one I've heard repeated MANY times.

For years (like almost 2 decades) I did not have a separate business checking account. Then after a series of events I wont go into here.
    I opened a business account, linked it to our personal account. Changed my direct deposit to it.
    Every Tuesday $800 is automatically transferred from business to personal (you pick your own number) The Bill's are all paid, plenty of food in fridge. Money left over to go put to dinner,vaca. Everything we did before nothing has changed. EXCEPT now I have a fat business checking account. Funny how there is plenty of money left over that was never before. Oh and I have business credit.

blacklabel and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  4. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    u worked your whole life just to get a 1000,$ . geez how do people survive on retirement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.