Is there such thing as a bonus for the driver from the shipper or receiver?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nyseto, Mar 14, 2019.

1. LilBudyWizer

LilBudyWizer Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah, it was an attempt at a bit of humor. Personally, it isn't really the computers and cameras, it's the norm. It's actually division of labor that deters theft. The chance of theft is dramatically reduced if it takes 2 or more people colluding. It takes trust and that's what's lacking today. The role computers play in that is the big brother effect inducing paranoia. You don't know what he knows or how he knows it so you best not take any chances. If you could trust your coworkers to not turn you in you could steal just as readily as you ever could, but you don't trust them today.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Often times I deliver to places with a drop trailer in every dock. In order to make my delivery I have to drop my trailer, hook up to one of theirs, pull it and drop it somewhere so I can off load my product. Then of course, I have to put the trailer I moved back in the the dock. Major PITA in some of these places with literally no room to maneuver

Most places just demand it, and expect it even though it’s really not my job. What can you do? It is what it is, so I just do it and accept it as part of the gig.

Target stores however, almost ALWAYS give me a gift card. Sometimes it’s enough to buy lunch. Sometimes it’s more. They don’t have to do that, but they do. That little bit (sometimes It’s only $5) means a lot. You never have to ask for it, but they always mandate that you take it, and profusely thank you for moving the trailers.

Personally, I’m happy with just the acknowledgment that they appreciate me playing yard dog for a couple minutes. But it’s a nice gesture on their part to offer the gift card as a tip.

Suspect Zero and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.