Is This Legal

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Grouch, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Can I have the ELD App on my phone on, plus the tablet that the company has installed in the truck or I need to turn one or the other off??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Will it let you sign into two places at once? I’ve seen with Motive it wouldn’t let me. Personally I prefer the tablet as that’s what use just for myself as its bigger and easier to see.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Samsara will let you log into two devices at the same time.

Grouch and Speedy356 Thank this.
  5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    That is the brand we use. I have just put the App on my phone and was wondering about using both at the same time. Tks

mitrucker Thanks this.
  6. Mnmover99

Mnmover99 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2022
    The tablet that the company put in the truck is the legal one as it must be attached to the vehicle. You can remove it from the mount, but it is connected by GPS.

Grouch Thanks this.
  7. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Got another question, the information that I put in the tablet, like tractor #, trailer# and trip #, my pre trip check off, all this I do on the tablet mounted on the dash. Now the question, does all this automatic get put on my phone through Samsara APP or do I have to manually install all this information manually on the phone in addition to the tablet? Hope I made this clear.

Or if I use my phone in installing all the information about a trip, does it automatic go on the tablet??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.