Is This Possible In The Team Trucking Industry?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Brandonjhunt, Mar 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonjhunt

Brandonjhunt Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2024
    Hi All,

I have 15 years OTR and the last 15 years hauling milk tankers (129K) locally. My wife from Thailand drove truck in Thailand and will be getting her USA CDL in August. We want to run team 100%. Getting a job will be fairly easy, but the kicker is, we want to run hard and live in a truck for 8 months over two tax years and then spend the next 16 months in Thailand, then hopefully come back to the same company. I would feel guilty about not being up front with any employer about possibly doing something like this. I'm getting older and want to enjoy life a bit more before I get too old to enjoy it.

In my research I am finding out that none of the larger companies are really open to this. I thought it would be fairly easy but I am wrong. It could be done with job hopping and a little BS, but I'm not that guy. My wife has been working in a cheese factory ever since she came to America 3.5 years ago. She speaks good English and out works most everyone. I also drive a belt trailer on my days off from hauling milk. I loved almost every minute of being OTR. Was a company driver for Schneider for 10 years and and IC for 5. If anyone has any input or a small fleet owner with a soft spot in his heart for beautiful Thailand.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    This is right up @Chinatown 's alley. He and his wife split their time between the US and visiting her family in Asia.

Brandonjhunt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.