Is Watkins and Shepard really a good company?

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by Peterbilt8741, Jun 28, 2010.

1. slickjim

slickjim Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Is there a pretty good chance that, if I apply to WS now (on the East Coast) I'll have a shot at a job? If there's more loads than drivers some weeks, after all...
    Also while I'm asking questions, can any current WS drivers answer this: After you filled out an application, how much time passed before you got a call from the company?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    You should get a call from the company pretty quick, or you can call the recruiting office in Missoula. Look up the website.. wksh dot com, and call the number and ask for Roxy. She's awesome and will answer any and all questions you have. You just have to be close to one of their terminals, one in NJ, one in NC, and one in GA on the eastern side.. Let us know how it goes....good luck!

4. slickjim

slickjim Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Thanks Warp! Been following your threads on WS for a while now. I'm about 200 miles from the Georgia terminal, but I'm completely willing to relocate. Hope to be on the road pretty soon!

Warpdrvr Thanks this.
  5. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    200 Miles? Which city are you in? we have one just about 200 miles in every direction from there.

6. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Seems that way, doesn't it?

Seriously, if you're willing to relocate, this is a good company to do it for. I've been treated right and have been getting good miles since I started. I've only sat 2 or 3 times in 4 months....usually they have another load within a couple hours of your empty/avail message....

7. noodler

noodler Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    shoot a couple of hours is too long.....i usually have a load on the qualcomm before i'm empty and available kh2 is on her job!!!:biggrin_25522:

8. Mike_NC

Mike_NC Medium Load Member

Aug 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    When she calls you to final out the load you are on then puts two in the hopper then she is really on the ball...:biggrin_2559:

9. slickjim

slickjim Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I'm near Lexington, Kentucky. What I'll probably do is put all my stuff in a storage building and live on the road...I can sleep at Mom and Dad's, friends' places or in cheap motels during home time. A P.O. box in Dalton, GA will hopefully count for me "living" near the terminal...

10. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    We have a terminal much closer than Dalton, Ga. Try Richmond, Ky. yep thats right 25 miles from ya!

slickjim Thanks this.
  11. Mrgreen09

Mrgreen09 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Irvine,Ky
    I just live in Irvine,Ky. Its just about 15min drive for me.

slickjim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.