It’s time to take the masks off

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by topcat290, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TransplantBadger

TransplantBadger Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Forums are risky enough. Why would you post anything in any social media page at Walmart ever?

I mean, you know the deal here.

345_Magnum Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    if You don’t drive for Walmart. Why do you even care? That’s the real question....lmao

345_Magnum Thanks this.
  4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Some people are just miserable SOB, thus wanting everyone else to be also. Plus he can say I told you so if by chance he is right. If not no loss he willbtrolw elsewhere

345_Magnum Thanks this.
  5. TransplantBadger

Jul 10, 2016
    Ohhh now I get it the dude is talking about a Facebook group and one driver in that group doing stuff he doesn’t like, and we’re all supposed to just know what he’s talking about and care enough about Facebook drama to bother with it on another forum.

Pass.

Pay attention folks, the feces is becoming literal and this is what some drivers are concerned about.

06driver and 345_Magnum Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's all good.

Once in a while they are cheap enough. It's all I can afford. HA.

In all seriousness I think the bigger problem is structural. It's really easy and fast for any two or more people to go from Good Morning to tumble outside trading blows and insults.

That is not what I remember America long ago. And that cannot be a good thing.

Maybe tomorrow is a better day, and am willing to let today go.

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    No they do not.

New Wal-Mart driver is $.38 a mile, $9 per AR or HK ($18 for every stop) $11.25 for every live load up to 45 minutes and $42 a night in layover.

In addition they can earn 25 days off through their first year (21 PTO and 4 safety).

But hey you work here so what do we know huh?

8. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Hey did you talk to the guy about the thing?

TransplantBadger Thanks this.
  9. TransplantBadger

Jul 10, 2016
    Sure did!

And I got the stuff.

You got the stuff mang?

Yeah mang. I got the stuff.

06driver Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Dave's not here ;)

11. 345_Magnum

345_Magnum Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Area 51
    OK, I joined that Facebook page and folks on there are actually quite civilized and not acting like snakes. However, almost all of them, including newer Walmart drivers are feeling quite bewildered and betrayed by the recent changes. Senior guys like me who'll never see a weekend again at my office if we bid a 5/2 and some guys with 15 to 20 years in who will be forced on the 5/2-5/3 and have to share or slip seat. The newer drivers are mostly left with the scraps that nobody else wants, and I'm not including the new hires getting .38 cpm. Not a really happy bunch regarding Walmart, but for the most part are very nice to each other.

And I noticed there are a boat load of drivers on there that I've known for many years, even some from my dispatch office. I spent a large portion of Sunday reading their posts and comments from the past couple of months and guess what? None of them have been forced on leave or disciplined by management for posting their true thoughts. Even the folks who've really trashed our senior Bentonville execs. have received no reprisals because they simply expressed honest opinions and laid out facts. However, the woman who serves as a page administrator did post over month back that she was compiling a personal list of everyone who was posting negative comments about Walmart because they were coming in more and more every day. No one at all seemed to have a problem with her doing that. At least she was up front about it.

When I joined the Facebook page this week, my real name and office was required because they only want actual past or present Walmart drivers and no trolls. That's the reason I know so many folks on that page. The reason I joined the Truckers Report Forums first a couple weeks ago was to find out if other Walmart drivers were as bent out of shape over the recent changes in the fleet as I am. Not to troll!

Bye the way, you are the same guy who started the thread, Walmart Driver Facebook Page!!!! in this section using the handle rambodixon. I know you are because your verbiage and tone are exactly the same. Plus, you only posted one time just to create that thread. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I'm done.

06driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.