It can't be that easy to get hired?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by clayshot, Nov 11, 2013.

1. clayshot

clayshot Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    dfaf,
    Yup, already decided the laptop is one less thing to lug around and worry about. I only have WIFI at the house and don't plan on really spending time yapping. No distractions. Not really sure how the whole remote WIFI works anyhoo.

dfaf Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. missjhawk

missjhawk Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    nutbush
    Driver beware of cr england trainers mine made me drive so long on my 4th day that we changed drivers on side of road I was down 2 my last MINUTE literally then I had 2 put my foot down just so I could take shower because I believe in water. u will be driving team the 1st day like I did he all he did was see that I could keep trk on road he went 2 bed. And as far as the exercises u had 2 do the trainer will give u the answers he sat beside me and help me put correct answers in qualcomm. Then u might be lucky and get trainer by yourself. Cr will put 2 students with 1 trainer I met a lady out ny and they put her in trk with another student she said that sometime they slept across both seats with cooler in middle when I was at cr england it had 2 be 75 people in that class with not enough trainers

4. clayshot

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    I think he means Central Refrigerated, not CR England. {I think} Too many CR's around here....lol

missjhawk Thanks this.
  5. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I remember the interaction with my recruiter being very easy. Almost too easy. I emailed her several times to ask if everything was OK because it just seemed too easy. I showed up in Salt Lake, went through the training and got hired. I drive locally now, but speaking from personal experience my dealings with Central were on the up-and-up.

unloader

clayshot and Lady K Thank this.
  6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I also believe the CR mentioned is Central Refrigerated... Maybe the initials CRS would be better... That's the initials the company uses... Such as CRSWVC for the main terminal ... Central Refrigerated Services West Valley City.

7. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    Changing from CR to CRS would only mean people would start thinking you were referring to CRST and CRS is a typo or something. I don't see clear way out of confusing someone any time soon...

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. clayshot

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    LOL, your probably right!

dfaf Thanks this.
  9. clayshot

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    I just realized last night, back in Sept I was on HYDROCODON for about a week due to back injury. I guess I better get on the phone to the recruiter and see if this is a problem. There's always something, isn't there. ARG!

10. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    Would that show even show as a positive in a pee test? I would mention it to the recruiter or better yet the tech who administers the test, but if you had a script for it, then they can hardly discriminate against you taking it. I'd guess it would show if they doing a hair sample test, if they are screening for legal substances. I know I had some narcotic prescribed to me prior to and while I was recovering from having an abscessed tooth pulled, i think it was a generic Vicodin. Also while going through this one night I was in so much pain from it I had to be rushed to the hospital by my wife, I couldn't drive because I was literally blinded by the pain. They ended up with a shot of Demerol or something. I suppose I should mention that as well. But I'm not worried at all about the drug test, I don't use or abuse any substance, and I certainly don't take anything unless a doctor prescribes them. Hell I avoid taking over the counter stuff like Tylonol or Advil if I can.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

It's amazing what you can find on the internet!! Needless to say I DO NOT condone ANY recreational medication... But HERE is a link to answer your question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.