It has been decided. My next truck.

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Kansas, Nov 23, 2010.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I love the work station in the 780's! I saw a video today that showed a Freightliner Coronado with one in it...I guess other mfg offer them as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    By all means lets get together? :biggrin_255:

4. Don2WS

Don2WS Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    I would like to know where the D16's 600 horses are my autocar with the little Cummins 290 has tamed plenty wild volvos and freightshakers throughtout i-80. Simply put they are toy trucks made of plastic might stick to a Cat and Texas made peterbilt and everything will be bea:biggrin_255:utiful

5. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Did they know they were actually racing you? Some how I doubt the Swift truck you passed knew he was in a race.

6. Trouble65

Trouble65 Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada

First of all Volvos are trucks, just like Freightliner, Mack, KW, Peterbuilts etc.

The only Volvos that go through steer tires are the ones with the air ride front suspension, I know because I have one in my fleet. The ones with leaf springs do not have this problem.

Second of all, my favourite truck is a KW K100 Aerodyne. However I don't understand why do people put down other trucks. Truck is a truck it don't matter if it's a Freightliner or KW. They both make or loose you money.

Example I have a 98 Century with a Detroit Diesel s60 500Hp.
    In 760,000+ miles she has broken down twice on the road. Once for a clutch the other time for a rad hose.

The only parts that we have replaced on this truck were brake drums, brake shoes, tires, clutch, lights, 1 maxi, alternator, mud flaps, wiper switch and clutch fan.

I have a friend that has 2006 KW900 and he had to replace bottom end, axel, alternator, turbo, clutch, ECU Moduel, wiper motor, lights, wiper mtor, horn, fuel pump, the truck has broken down 5 times since on the road.

The first trip he was placed out of service because there was diesel fuel pouring out of the truck. He found out that somebody at the factory forgot to tighten the fuel line. The other time his axel snapped in Dayton Ohio. The third time was going through the VA mountains when his turbo let go. The fourt time was in Michigan when he started her up in the cold weather and she started to squeal and low oil pressure. The fifth time he could not start the truck while sitting in Laredo Texas, his ECU let go. The only thing that saved his but was that the truck was under warranty.

Does this mean that Freightliner is better then KW, I would say no. All this means is that I have been lucky with this truck and my friend has been unlucky with his.

In my opinion is that they are all the same they just look different on the outside.

Kansas Thanks this.
  7. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Yes but your friend has a " KENWORTH " :biggrin_25524: with a magnatude of EWWW , AHHH followers.

When I had problems with my last KW the followers were no place to be found , had 8 KWS over the years K100 to W900L most weere good trucks , have had lot better luck with my last 2 WESTERN STARS

8. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa

I wish that was true!!

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Hey Kansas I always figured you to be a manly truck kind of guy, not that other brand stuff.

:biggrin_25522: :biggrin_25522: :biggrin_25522: :biggrin_25522:

10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I have a feeling his suggestion of GETTING TOGETHER was of the MANLY NATURE, :biggrin_25521: SETTLE IT IN THE PARKING LOT

11. Mad4Mods

Mad4Mods Bobtail Member

they look like a very confused truck.. they just look weird. cant decide whether its kenworth or volvo... lol, i think that trucks ugly, sorry for the newsflash.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.