ITS 2017, COULD ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT IS THE CATCH WITH RAIDER EXPRESS AND THEIR FREE NO STRINGS CDL

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LTPO, Jun 23, 2017.

1. LTPO

LTPO Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    I am at the moment searching for the right sponsored school , so far i am looking at stevens transport and at raiders express.

stevens is normal and they charge you but what is the freaking deal with Raider's express?
    - what if you stay for 3 months then leave?
    -what about 6 months?
    -mean to tell me there is no attachment or some kind of fee to pay for leaving prior a standard year?
    what is the freaking CATCH?

ALSO, can you do team driving immediately after graduating school in either Steven or raider?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    It's in the fine print. The real fine print you can't see until it's too late.

buddyd157, LTPO and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Sounds like that place out West that they FINALLY shut down; can't remember the name of it for the LIFE of me, but what they were doing is sucking all the new hires into L/P that didn't even REALIZE what they were signing...getting into.
    Remember this, @Chinatown ??? I alerted you to their scam about a year ago; can't remember the name, dangit.

LTPO Thanks this.
  5. Driver0000

Driver0000 Medium Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    My first experience with truck school was Roadmaster. "Oh! It's free," saiid the 22 year old sitting in Clearwater, fl.

I got there and sat in a classroom for a week before a contract was put in front of me.

Over $10,000 owed to them one way or another.

I didn't sign spit. Excused myself and went to a small school with cash.

The company that works with roadmaster still calls me (2 years later) saying I owe $200 because they helped me get my permit.

If it seems too good to be true, it is.

WesternPlains, G13Tomcat and LTPO Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was Lobos in Utah.
    He's referring to Raider Express which is a legit company. I don't know the deal on the cdl "no contract" but worth a visit to the terminal in Ft. Worth.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Lobos, yep, that's them. Thanks for the memory refresher!

And you are correct; this could be legit. That Lobos thing really put a bad taste in the air, when I hear that kind of stuff. Thank ya~! :)

8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    LTPO Thanks this.
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The only answer is to read the contract, NOT talk to someone at the school or ask people who have never read the contract. They can SAY anything, but the words in the contract are what count. It you think it's important READ THE CONTRACT. "Some guy on the internet said I didn't have to pay you..." isn't going to get you out of a debt.

06driver and SingingWolf Thank this.
  10. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    It's possible a company could do it... By using the government kickback to cover operating costs.. never heard of it though

LTPO Thanks this.
  11. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    A friend of mine's brother in law or something owns Raider Express, or did. I've never heard anything bad about them and see them running around all the time. I wouldn't be afraid of them one bit.

LTPO and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.