It's 67 degrees out tonight. Why is everyone ideling?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by tommymonza, Jun 22, 2018.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, you do have something called “white noise”. Some people can’t sleep without it, and there is little better than the likes of a big cam or a B-model Cat for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Surfer Joe seems to always have a complaint or smart aleck remark all over the forums about truck drivers or trucking companies. He should be banned from here. It might be the law in most states not to idle your truck but ultimately it is the drivers' choice and if the law issues a ticket it was his choice. So what if he doesn't care it's on him. Buy a dog and idle all you want because the law allows you to idle to keep the pet comfortable. Thanks for humane laws for pets but the hell with us.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    67 is a bit warm for most trucks to not be running AC and the sleeper be comfy. Personally, I have a generator running a mini split heat pump, so you won't see me idling unless there's a problem with my setup. But keep in mind that most people without an APU are going to be idling to stay comfortable enough to get sufficient rest when the OAT is above 60.

bzinger and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  5. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    67 degrees outside means nothing. It could be 85 or more in the truck due to hot engine etc....plus no air cirulation. And as someone mentioned if the windows are open bugs and mosquitos get in.

I like the purring sound my engine makes. Helps me fall asleep and keeps me in a deep sleep.

bzinger, tommymonza and driverdriver Thank this.
  6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I am the dumazz that started this thread. Never had a problem yet with bugs and being from Florida and a sailor , Quiet and somewhat cool works.

Think I Cursd myself.

Lately I can open the door anywhere and i have a Biting fly for 400 miles bought fly tape hung 12 inches from my ankles.
    NOT A CHANCE.
    NEW fly tape design looks like my chewed up dry ankles

7. ProfessionalLunatic

ProfessionalLunatic Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Bunnlevel
    Because if I'm gonna get a 78% fuel surcharge, I'm sleeping like a baby.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I like running my APU all day and night especially if there is an RV trying to have a vacation next to me.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.