It's been very quiet in the KLLM forum

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by bloke, Jan 15, 2009.

1. buckshotexpress

buckshotexpress Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Clayton GA
    also as far as there maintence can you do your own or does it have to be done at terminals. id rather do my own i believe i could get a better price on pms ect on the road shops rather than inexperience terminals could do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    DONT SIGN A LEASE!

WITH ANYONE!

American Trucker

buckshotexpress Thanks this.
  4. buckshotexpress

Nov 22, 2010
    Clayton GA
    well i wanted to choose my own loads ive worked for western express and celadon and after i delivered" on time" not late ive sat some times excess of 2-3 days. so i wanted to try and book my own loads. also who do you drive 4? and are they a good company i have 2yrs otr recent except only prob is i havent drove since 6/25/2010 so there 5 mths unemployment ive been taking care of a sick relative and its kinda messed me up with the whole RECENT otr...thanks for all the info

5. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

I drive for Watkins Shepard, we have a terminal in Conover, NC.

They are a GREAT company very family like good money, not the best pay per mile but the paycheck is Big regardless. we don't have any stupid idleing policys or restrictions as to what you can have in the trucks like inverters and microwave, fridge.

Give Roxy a Call in recruiting, our recruiters dont lie like almost all other compaines do. they tell you how it is 100% straight up

and they have more miles then you could possibly run. We dont have forced dispatch either but there is NO reason to ever turn down a load other then your sick/trucks in shop/ your on home time/ or your OUT of hours thats it theres no other reason to say no

Watkins Shepard is also the ONLY company on this site that doesn't have one bad thing said about them.............wunder why?

American Trucker

buckshotexpress Thanks this.
  6. buckshotexpress

Nov 22, 2010
    Clayton GA
    great man thanks for the info. yes i see you live near me thats cool. im going to check them out asap. should i tell recruiting about you maybe you can get a bonus?btw i live in kings mountain nice to here from a local boy lol

7. buckshotexpress

Nov 22, 2010
    Clayton GA
    OH yea i forgot to ask you how is watkins on false DAC reports. you see when i worked for celadon i was in canada i had a family emergency i heard my grandma wasnt going to live much longer so i got a load home once FINALLY home... i told dispatch i would like to be off a few days they said take as much time as needed. i did 3 days into being at home celadon sent a wrecker to recover the truck they said i abandoned it. now what do u think. could i have that issue straitened up with dac whats your outlook.

8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

You can tell her I sent ya but I don't think we get bonuses for recruiting lol But she does know who American Trucker is though....

I've never heard of Watkins Shepard doing anything to anybody dac report.....You could try to file an apeal or whatever its called with DAC and see about getting that off of your record, Abandonment can keep you from getting a job

American Trucker

9. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    KLLM's rider policy, I'm doing this from memory so don't quote me.
    Over 18 no restrictions. Under 16 only when school is out. Must a government issued ID(drivers license, state issued id card, passport, etc) .
    As to wife & kid, I think 3 people in truck is the limiting factor(seatbelts) . Ask Wilson or Rick Parker in safety.

10. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    When you said the pay per mile is not the best but the paychecks are still big, what do you mean by that? Do they give weekly mileage bonuses and things like that?

Also, do they hire newbs out of technical school?

I should have posted this in Watkins Shepard I know. Sorry.

11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

we do allot of multi stop loads, and you Get either $20 or $25 per stop. The other day I had a load with 16 stops and 1200 miles, and it took me 3 or 4 days to do it so I grossed $662 from just that one load....plus we get a fuel/saftey/compliance bonus all rapped up into one I think its monthly.

We also have WAY more miles then we can run, so you wont be doing any of the 1500 miles weeks you get with the MEGA carriers.

Yes they hire new drivers, call Roxy in recruiting to see if they hire from your school.

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.