It's official...no inward facing drive cam starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Swift' started by 3523, Mar 21, 2017.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well back to the nose picking.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Maybe I said that wrong, yes you can get upset, and it is fully your choice to quit. What I was trying to say was security cameras are accepted in any building workspace so why won't drivers accept them in a truck?

Chewey2 Thanks this.
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    For me it's because trucking is a unique job. It's one of the few jobs where people live where they work. But also, it's about the lifestyle. There is not much to sell trucking. You get to travel and see the country but that is only shiny and new for about a year. Trucking is a job where you do it on your own with no boss looking over your shoulder. Cameras remove that and eventually, they will remove this experienced, safe and professional driver from the road as well.

Why do I accept security cams? Because I don't live there.

5. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Fair enough. I remember the glory days when we were allowed to act like adults and do our job as we saw fit. Sadly, I just wasn't getting that vibe from new hires, not saying all new hires are bad, but it is getting harder to find a responsible adult anymore. I had my entire life on the line and felt I needed to be sure it was as protected as possible. One big screw up from an employee and I could have lost everything I worked so hard for.

Chewey2 and tinytim Thank this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Speaking for myself, I was not worried about the cameras. I was offended.

mathematrucker Thanks this.
  7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
  8. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    I always talked trash to the camera, now who do I talk to on the long drives? I like how people conclude that having a camera at a place of business is just like a truck driver having one in his face. I guess sitting in a cubicle is just as dangerous as sitting behind the wheel of a big rig too, idiots null and void!

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. Chewey2

Chewey2 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hope other companies take note. I have never heard of a company winning a court case from a driver facing cam...

mathematrucker and Western flyer Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Are you on a rampage about the camera? 2 posts in here about it, but it is past news.

The driver facing camera was not even a big deal unless you were filmed doing something you should not have been doing.
    In all the videos sent in from my camera, it only showed me doing my job correctly.

11. Chewey2

Chewey2 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2015
    I just went back thru this thread and did not see what you are talking about. Yes there are stories on other threads about such things as you said but in those cases, the forward facing cam and cell records were all that was needed to clear the driver. (...but a lot of drivers have been discharged for such things as looking tired,check it out.) Rampage...no...I guess I am an old time driver who went in to trucking because I wanted to be in charge of my own life. (used to call it freedom of the road) If I wanted some one standing over my shouder, i could have had a etter job than this. I guess ou younger drivers are not as independent..ask about the money before the type of company it is to work for and hen wonder why you feel so ;ead hearted all the time:(_

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.