its time the dot make the shippers have scales on their properties

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by darknessesedge, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Regency Transportation

Regency Transportation Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Franklin, MA
    4 year old trucks are NOT considered old unless you work for a mega carrier, that doesn't maintain their fleet. OUR oldest trucks on the road ARE 2012 Peterbilts that will be replaced this spring with 2016's. The Majority of our equipment are 2013 and 2014.

Orangees Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Nailed it. Why get the government involved when you can suck it up, drop the $300, and never have to deal with a scale ticket again? Door swingers spend more than twice as much as that on CAT scales in a year, and those won't tell you that your load shifted 200 miles down the road.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Might not get paid for having it adjusted but at least you didn't have money going out of pocket for a ticket. I'll be more than happy to donate a bit of down time to avoid the risk of getting a ticket. And it sets a precedent going forward too that I am willing to make the shipper redo it so might as well do it right and save every one time and money.

I might be sitting there for free but someone has to pay the dock hands to redo the load and Frieght ain't moving so that's costing the company too.

While I sit back enjoying a fresh cup of coffee.

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ain't no way, I'm moving to another company if I get charged for making a load legal.

Might even count as a penalty for running legal under the new coercion law too. If you take actions to run legal and get penalized for doing so ... Maybe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.