Ive chosen hopper over end dump ! I need help !!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by iamfargo, Mar 20, 2019.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    90 percent of shippers wont let you leave heavy. That said your axle weights are on you. Coming outta the field is not a big deal load by your gauges and ride.

I am gonna get shamed and talked ugly about fir this but if your coming outta the field stay off the scales. Fact is if you ain't got a CAT scale ticket saying your good stay off the scales. Hauling bulk commodities ain't easy to go back after scaling and move some. They are gonna hand you a shovel. So again get a set of gauges or on board scales etc and learn how to use them. Learn to plan a route so you can load heavy and ride fast. Getting a hold of it is the quickest form of education. Sometimes a costly one

beastr123, Oxbow, magoo68 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I used to be able to haul 51000 lbs iirc correctly it was 25,000 front hopper and 26,000 lb back hopper... if loading at a scale once front hopper was loaded I’d check drive axle pressure let’s say it was 30 psi then after back hopper was loaded it was 38 psi and axles were perfect . Now I knew how to load at a farm yard and be really close on my weights ..your weights and psi will be different but the same principle applies once you know the numbers

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I load 22 and 28 usually. Start as far front as possible when my truck suspension gets to 45 pull up to as far rear as I can get pile it high and back up if needed when the truck gauge gets to about 55 get out and watch the rear when it hits 60 we ready. Puts the truck at 60 too.

5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I didn’t like Right Weigh analog because of accuracy and they didn’t last a long time. Imo digital takes out a lot of the guess work. 72# on the tractor and 68# on the trailer is 80,000 gross.

6. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    I put my ex. girl friends new stockings over my smaller W/star air cleaners when loading to make air cleaners last way longer till changes when loading inside, I caught her trying to light a cig. in the sleeper while we were getting loaded and I made her watch the grain elev. blow up on u/tube and she said she was stop smoking?

7. Idahojoel

Idahojoel Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Phoenix Arizona
    I have a right way I like it just remember if you adjust ride height on your tractor you will need to adjust the pressure

8. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I have a custom made airline that connects to the air on the truck. That connects to a long, 4 ft, nozzle. When you are empty hick your self up to to the top of the trailer and blow out the front and then do the back. It will save you money on washes.

Always keep copies of your last three bills. They want to know what you last hauled before they load you.

Decide what you are going to haul, Haz mat, grain, meals fertilizers? Then stay pretty much in your lane. Many companies will not load you after Haz mat.

Shut the gates after unloading. Carry a grain shovel, first starting out you will need it. Calibrate your air gauges on trailer and truck at least 2 times per year. Use the #### vibrators! Carry extras, know how to swap them out. Do not coat the inside of the Hopper with anything, not even rain x.

Oh buy yourself some coveralls, a good dust mask, with the screw on filters and dust goggles that fit snuggly to your face. Some of those feed enhancers are bad stuff.

Get yourself a air line taped off of the seat so you can blow yourself off before getting back in the truck. You will appreciate that.

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.