I've made my choice...it's my turn.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by RStewart, Aug 24, 2015.

1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    You'll set that up with finance after you talk about the truck you want and availability.

RStewart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I talked to a different lady & she couldn't find my app. Evidently it didn't go through. She faxed me one yesterday & I faxed it right back. Nothing has been said.

I'm waiting to talk to my CRM but I'm shooting for orientation around the first of October.

Cool. That's the fun part. Lol

FatDaddy Thanks this.
  4. jhill365

jhill365 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Thomaston, GA
    I wouldn't worry about the credit so much because mine is not great either for the same reasons. I would think your experience would be ok. I can't help much with the freight in that area, I don't get in that area a lot. There was someone in my orientation that lived in Brooklyn, NY and they basically told him that he could make plenty just staying in the northeast. Also, I believe for NY state, you have to form an LLC before they will accept you. I would just put in an app at SFI and on the job website and see what happens if you are interested. I am sure some of the guys that run up there will chime in sometime.

Vincent2254 and RStewart Thank this.
  5. Vincent2254

Vincent2254 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Hey thanks for the advice and encouragement. I def will look into that llc biz..I appreciate your time..my plan is to get thru this year n keep saving money n let some more time get between me n that bankruptcy and go for it in january..I guess the only way ill know is to try n go for it..i hope to have a success story to add by then. Thanks again!

RStewart Thanks this.
  6. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    20150828_170856.jpg The Pumpkin Patch...OKC

7. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast

You would do fine IMO.
    If you can drive here in the NE you can drive anywhere.
    Where you live is a great area.
    You only need $1000 down for FL EVO.
    Unless you want a auto or a diesel fired apu.
    That's all you need to get rolling.

Vincent2254 and RStewart Thank this.
  8. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    Well, my husband might not be coming over just yet. Even though he's been driving for 11 years, has spent time as an instructor and supervisor, he spent 3 1/2 months local in the past year and SFI is saying that he needs the full year of OTR in order to get the lease... He's been OTR for the past 8 months, but apparently that might not work for them. They are still going to try to push it through, but his phone interview was put on hold till Monday. I'm praying this works for us!

centralmi and RStewart Thank this.
  9. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I hope everything works out for you two. I had my phone interview with my recruiter, just waiting on my CRM now. Keep the faith.

gjcarr03 Thanks this.
  10. crisb72

crisb72 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2012
    so cal
    So I've been approved and can come on board anytime. My question is, is it worth it? I make 75-80k as a company driver pulling tank hazmat. But there is a lot of bs. I live in so Cali. And not sure if the money will be there. What you all think? Stay or go? Been approved for 1 year lease 1000 down on fl or 3 year no money down.

11. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    What interview are you waiting on?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.