J.B. Hunt announces inward facing cameras

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jebster, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Because you as a company are supposed to write up drivers for this or that caught on camera and then terminate them, if they are caught again

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    There are. My homie sister runs a truck with her bf and the savings was ATLEAST like 40% for cameras in the truck!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    My company uses fwd only facing cams and also cam’s built into the hood mirrors that record down the sides of the truck…I think that’s more ideal than inward facing cams to be honest..

alds, kutscher, nredfor88 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010

Jb hunt C.O.O. says “we trust you”…hmmm

Lonesome and Jebster Thank this.
  6. twil25

twil25 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2022
    I have no problem with the camera. Everywhere I've ever work, through different industries, have had a camera somewhere watching every move. Why quit a good job over a camera? I've seen plenty of truckers watching videos on their tablets, holding phones to their ear or texting creating a considerable risk for themselves and the motoring public. The camera turns off when you set those brakes at night, so it's not like they watch you sleep. They have an investment to protect and you have a CDL to protect. Of course, if a small camera makes you that flustered, quit... More jobs available for other drivers who don't complain about EVERYTHING!

7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Because when you accidentally put cheese on someone's burger by mistake, no lawyer is going to scrutinize you.

Conversely some soccer mom who is to busy finger banging her phone and decides to take off your front bumper you will be held liable cuz camera caught you taking too long a sip of coffee.... needless to say it was 100% her fault

cdavis188, alds, Cattleman84 and 7 others Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I don't know about complaining about EVERYTHING! We do complain about inward facing cameras. Outward? No problem. Bit inward facing, IMHO, is guilty, until proven innocent.

9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    How about we put cameras at the desks of the office folks so we can see if they’re doing their job properly…point blank an outward facing camera will basically catch a driver doing something to cause erratic Driving especially if nothing is in their path when event occurs

10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I've heard this argument b4 from some office staff saying whats the big deal office has cameras. To which I usually reply have you ever been second guessed for miss stapling papers, or sending out office memo email to wrong recipient that resulted in multi million dollar lawsuit causing your work habits to be audited over the past 2 weeks and have someone Monday morning QB you and second guess everything you did

They don't realize that even when we are doing nothing wrong, in a court of law some ambulance chaser will scrutinize everything the driver did wrong (in his eyes) even though the driver did nothing wrong, his client was in the wrong, and caused the accident.

It has been said b4 many companies have been advised by their own attorneys driver facing cameras are more of a liability than an asset

11. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Didn’t see anyone else answer this…no, only forward facing cameras at Wallymart

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.