J.B. Hunt announces inward facing cameras

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jebster, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Nope just an internet rumor from those that don't work there that know more than the drivers that actually work there.

REO6205 and Treputt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelastboyscout72

thelastboyscout72 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I was with JB for the past 3 years, really no compaints. I was hoping to retire from there. But when we got word about the inward cams, that was an absolute no go for me. Hate it because i was getting home weekly on an easy account, oh well... I'll be taking my talents to Knight. They say they got rid of their interior cams. I

alds, nredfor88, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'm surprised it took this long for JB to get them.

5. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    That would be a strong no for me.

You can put as many outward facing cameras on the truck as you want, but inward and you get the keys back.

alds, navypoppop and Born2win Thank this.
  6. Jamie01

Jamie01 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2020
    As long as you realize you're sacrificing a lot more privacy every time you go on the internet than you do by stepping in a cab with a driver-facing camera.

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    But the internet isn't a multi million dollar lawsuit dangling over your head every day.

8. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
    They told me that I could rehire and get my old schedule, pay rate and pto just like I never left. They waited until I turned in my lease truck and showed up for work before they said anything about monitoring weather or not I take my eyes off the road when I pick my nose. Before hand it would have been a deal breaker but at this point I'll at least try to live with it and see how it plays out. With a little luck maybe so many guys will leave that they'll reevaluate the wisdom behind it.

9. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    What do you mean by that???

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I can’t believe how so many folks will give in this to this nonsense of inward facing cams ……you might as well tell the company to have a camera on your house too..

11. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    I dont know why any company would permit it, much less WANT it.

I can not see a situation where an inward camera is going to help the company in a lawsuit. Some slick dick will say something like: SEE! He blinked! he had no reason to blink there and if hadnt my client wouldnt have to pretend to be confined to a wheelchair!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.