J.B. Hunt - Why your company will never be this good.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dancnoone, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    So your saying if your in a bad area, you can change areas without authorization and not get in trouble, and then update the system that your in a new area, and this will change your odds for the computer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winsomtrucker

Winsomtrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2010
    That's just my point the 70 mile/hr truck can take a break along the way if he/she needs to, also if freight is up and the faster truck is willing to run hard he can make more money. I am governed at 65 and average 630 in a 10 hr day. That's an extra 210 miles in a 70 hr week. At this time my partner and I average a little over 7500 m/wk

4. truckergurl_06

truckergurl_06 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    I would run my maximum miles often, 680 a day. Run top I ran outta miles & hours. Like I said, I'm sure there r jobs where u can make more, I loved jb, they were good to me, the equipment was well taken care of, I didn't have any complaints! You may not fit with the company! It's a matter of personal & professional opinions! Everyones is different, of course!

Locdrjr Thanks this.
  5. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    I am in my 3rd month with JB on a DCS account, home every day with 2 days off every week and yet to see a check under $700.00 after taxes (not one under $700.00 since Orientation) for 5 days out and just missed $900.00 after taxes for a 6 day check, avg 10-12 hours out and back home every morning sleeping in my own bed and shower in my bath....

6. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    I get 2500-3000 in 5 days solo with JB and sleep in my bed everyday... no team needed....

7. Winsomtrucker

Winsomtrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I may look into it more. I am thinking of going solo but really I have no desire to go home too often. :\

8. Curtmg16

Curtmg16 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Westmont,Il
    I am thinking of going to JB. I will be doing Regional Dedicated out of Aurora, Il. Leave Sunday nights, back on friday night. 40cpm plus stop and hourly. Two questions. 1. What is policy with idleing? Winter does not bother me. I like it Cold. So air has to run when its over 70 ( unless its cloudy with a breeze). 2. How high is cieling in the Mid-rise tractors? I am 6'3" and want to be able to stand once in awhile. Im coming from Regional/expedited (airfreight), so Im used to being in a hurry. Governed truck is gonna be hard to get used to. I usually run 5 over (our trucks do 85). Im classified as an "Independant" but treated as an employee. Im tired of makin my logs look good and company shows no intentions of becoming "compliant". Been running "hard" long enough. Had one week where I left Chicago/O'hare to Jfk to Atl to Jfk and back to O'hare by Wed. If I was 25 again, it might be "exciting" gettin over on the authorities. But now Im just lookin to do my job, by the rules (never thought I'd ever say that), and get a couple of days rest each week. Just hope drivin so slow doesnt put me to sleep! I am looking at 3 different companies. JB, Schneider and Marten. Dont like what I read on this site about the "New" Marten. Schneider you cant Idle. That leaves JB. Response will be Appreciated.

9. J-money

J-money Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Dublin,ga
    [​IMG]

(0)

FOREST PARK , GA

Type of Job:
    RegionalFull Time/Part Time:
    Full TimePay Scale:
    $0.35 To $0.35 per mileAverage Miles per Week:
    2400 miles per weekFrequency of Home Time:
    2 days off and 12 days onDriver Residence Area:
    Must live within 100 miles of FOREST PARK , GA Orientation Location:
    FOREST PARK , GA Operating Area:
    Drivers will hub out of the Atlanta area and will mainly run east of I 35Preferred Experience Level:
    12 MonthsAverage Yearly Gross:
    $44,000 Average Weekly Gross:
    $850.00Job Description

J.B. Hunt Transport, a leader in the transportation industry, is currently seeking safe and experienced class A drivers for regional driving opportunities. These driving positions offer a consistent freight base, with regional deliveries throughout the US (mainly east of I 35). Plus, you're home every 12 days for 48 hours and can take the truck with you!

When you drive with J.B. Hunt Transport, you will have access to an industry-leading benefits package. Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, all at affordable premiums. Plus, our comprehensive benefit offerings allow you to choose the coverage that's right for you and your family. 401k retirement with company-matched contributions also available.

10. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    Idling is frowned upon, but tolerated if kept reasonable. How bad they get on your case depends on the attitude of your fleet manager. If you keep it under 35% they generally leave you alone. If you get up over 50% they are going to say something. Winter is not a problem, we have ESPAR bunk heaters, that keep you nice and toasty on all but the coldest nights, under ten degrees, we are supposed to idle. Summer time you should be ok, I usually get up in the morning and keep running until after dark, then most nights I'll run a big 12 volt fan. If it's over 90 though, I'm idling. This keeps my idle percentage down around 30%. They don't bother me. If you are like the knucklehead parked next to me right now, it's 62 degrees and his engine is pounding away, then you're going to have problems.

At 6'3" you're not going to be able to stand up and walk around like you can with the condos, but they all have pretty good headroom when sitting down.

If you are looking for a place to run legal, JB is the place to do it. The slow trucks are a pain. I've been driving them for 11 years now and you never get used to it. Especially these days where the typical truck driver is worse than ever. It seems like every time I look in the mirror, there's a "super trucker" in a big Pete four inches off my ICC bumper in heavy traffic with his left hand blinker on. Then there are the steering wheel holders that want to run 58 mph in front of you, and as you are passing them they come out of their daze and see the "JB HUNT" logo on your door, decide they don't want no JB HUNT truck in front of them, and suddenly find the throttle pedal, that is until you fall in line behind them again, then they ease it back down to 58.

11. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

That's basically OTR. It works for some guys, others have problems. What you need to know about that job is that you will be dispatched ot of Lowell, and most of them are a bunch of kids who have no idea what they're doing. If you wait on them to get anything done, you're going to be waiting a while. For instance, when you need an empty trailer, get with another driver and ask if he knows where some are. Don't be afraid to drive 40 miles to get one. Until you have one, they dispatch around you. You are dispatched by a computer program, so always keep the computer updated as to when you think you are going to be empty. If the computer doesn't know, it dispatches around you. This is the biggest mistake I see new drivers make. They assume their fleet manager is doing all this, and get angry when they don't get any miles. If you get up every morning and fill in that "Update ETA" macro on the quallcom, you'll do ok, if you don't, you'll end up averaging 1400 miles a week.

There are better jobs to take if you want to run out of Forest Park. Intermodal is a great job, I think there are a few other dedicated accounts that run guys out of there. The dedicated accounts are really where you want to be with JB Hunt, if they don't have one available, and you take this job, keep your ear to the ground for something better. If you don't have your HAZMAT endorsement, get it. That opens up a LOT of doors for better positions than the one you pasted.

J-money Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.