J.B. Hunt - Why your company will never be this good.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dancnoone, Sep 19, 2008.

1. cowboy tmc

cowboy tmc Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    south boston va
    I worked for J.B. hunt the only way to make 42cents is be on a dedicated contract. the over the road paying maybe 38 cents. the post sounds like a recruiter wrote it.
    the phase long term storage is not something a driver knows about.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    Yes, company recruiters may browse this forum. I found that out when I was applying to Crete Carriers. I didn't say anything disparaging but asked a lot of questions before being hired. A recruiter let me know he'd been reading my posts.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. Kaptkirk

Kaptkirk Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    ft white fl
    Oh I needed a good laff.

At Heartland I get .50 per mile.*.53 in the NE states*
    At only 2,500 per week..thats,um...well, you do the math.:yes2557:

5. Kb7677

Kb7677 Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2012
    York,Al
    Im comin 2 JB Hunt as a Regional intermodal driver I wanted 2 know what type off trucks do they have, are they on E Logs if so do they have the navigation on them could someone let me know ASAP

6. ARAYSTO

ARAYSTO Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Laveen, AZ
    I love my time at JB Hunt Intermodal, I was local for L.A. terminal(South Gate). Active Base Pay plus miles. cool dispatchers and drivers... Biggest things I didn't like but come with the trucking industry, Fridays seem like we never had MT's containers and a intermodal thing having "NO BILLING AT THE RAIL" and that only sucks when you was in a long line cause you know you have to go back around.(And a few times I forgot to send my loaded call:scratch: lol)

7. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    OK, in inter-modal, who is better between Schneider and JB Hunt? I'm weighing the two.

8. ARAYSTO

ARAYSTO Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Laveen, AZ
    i started at schneider doing intermodal in 2007, and I thought it sucked it was only active base pay miles was not included, I believed they changed that since then, but I left schneider for jb...

9. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    had a friend at Schneider, he said the same thing. I have heard a lot of dirt on Hunt, must be sour grapes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.