JABI Trucking, Oakville, IA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by american, Apr 9, 2009.

1. american

american Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Springfield, IL
    Not sure where this clown is now since the Miss. River took the whole town with it 07/08. I spoke with ol' Jon over the phone & decided to work for him. On day one, they started in with there ########--his son cut my pay for wks. 3 -6 over brunch! Then, after week 2 when they were to up my pay from training pay, they still did not so so 'til I caught it & told them I'd quit if they didn't correct it. I'd been out of the business for awhile so I really wanted to get 6 mos. in w. them so more doors would open elsewhere. I made it, but it was 6 mos. of hell. I gave li'l big man my 2 wk. notice 1 day after I had my 6 mos. in. It still took about 4 letters and over 2 yrs. for ol' Jon to pay me my vacation pay. I'd gone to a lawyer in Davenport, IA, who bills himself in the phone book as specializing in labor law who told me I had a 5 yr. statute of limitations on the case. I let ol' Jon suck me past 2 yrs. w. his claiming in a letter some 2 wks. prior to my 2nd anniversay of my voluntary termination he'd work on my case. When he never paid all I'd calculated he owed, I took him to court. When the magistrate asked me the lawyer's name he laughed and said he knew him and that he is not a labor law expert. The judge threw my case out saying I only had a 2 yr. statute of limitations. Pretty #### bad when you pay for legal advice and the #### lawyer has a blonde moment. And another thing, what is about so many folks who've screwed me in my life (li'l big man) have to tell you how much they go to church?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoDarville01

BoDarville01 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA

and everybody wonders why our economy is in the tank like it is. It is because John Q. Public would rather screw the next guy if it means making him a quick buck. so what happens next? that guy turns to the next....to screw the next guy a little more. and so on and so on.

the ball keeps bouncin'. Everybody is out to do whatever they can to earn a living. Not just enough to make it 'comfortable' it has to be enough to live beyond most peoples normal means. Its about buying the newest car out there, so that you can feel like you are someobody.....or better than the next guy.

until we actually focus on something called "customer service", and going out of our way to help our neighbor, nothing will ever get better. We as truck drivers should start....some of us do already...and i guarentee you it is much appreciated.

But lets start helping out fellow drivers when we can see they are in need of assistance. Lets start waiving to each other as we pass one another. Lets get back to being CIVIL.

4. american

american Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Springfield, IL
    I here ya. I went to my girlfriend's college graduation in 1992. The college president who gave the commencement address started out by saying, "Congratulations class of 1992. You are the 1st generation in American history that will live a higher lifestyle than the following generation. The next generation will work harder, work longer & work for less than its prior generation for the 1st time in our country's 200 plus year history..." We've reached the mountain top folks. We are now on the downhill slide. It's pretty darned obvious to some of us we've made some poor choices along the way. Sad, but true. It's gonna get worse.

5. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    I agree American, as stated elsewhere we have lived an excessive lifestyle in the country way beyond our means (I know I have been guilty). It's time to pay the piper, unfortunately there are a lot of people who want other's to pay for their excesses. AIG comes to mind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.