JB HUNT DCS new pay scale hits the drivers income

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by legion1, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Jb pays a good amount in accessory pay on the dedicated and intermodal side, I was grossing $1200 weekly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I remember when JBH trailers all advertised .37cpm or .47cpm starting. Something .x7 and it wasn't .27. That was almost 20 years ago.

4. Dazed/driver

Dazed/driver Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2017
    JB Hunt is a sell out to drivers, they Help the RailRoad Hog all the long mile Freight, anybody that works for JB Hunt is a Trader to his fellow Drivers, and Himself. . and they don't pay their Drivers right either, Check you paychecks Boys, , Looks Like the count is Light!

5. Dazed/driver

Dazed/driver Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2017
    fine, I'll stay invisible

6. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    If it paid bloody good with great benefits but then again...you might be right...there are the feeble minded that take pride...if you want to call it that in those min wage contract security guard jobs too.

7. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Here it is 2018, by now a lot of you have probably bounced around to 3 and 4 company's looking for that better pay or quality of life or sitting on your ### milking the government cause hard times have got you down.
    I've been with JB for a few yrs and can't complain one bit. I'm on a DOCS acct, home about 3 day+ during the week and home every weekend.
    Decent pay but the benefits have always sucked. Trucks are still slow but got bumped up to 65, good enough for me cause most my routes are 500-700 miles round trip which makes it turnable (so I get the miles and the home time). Can't speak on all DCS accounts but I know several are paying from .45 -.55 a mile, $20 per stop, $16 for detention and if you have a day cab you pick and choose which hotel you want to stay at.
    Starting out with JB I was making high 30's annually ( yes, it was rough on the family), 2yrs ago was about 51k. After my raise middle of last yr I was just shy of 74k.
    So instead of bashing a company (you no longer work for) and not knowing the facts to lay them out on the table. How about doing some actual research and not take the word from some sorry ### posts from drivers that lasted with a company for a yr or less (or better yet options of a company 29 yrs ago)! I could only hope those guys found a company and happily retired by now...

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Jb hunt Is the master of bait and switch... They tried that c*** with me and I told them Where to put it

9. stratmaster5

stratmaster5 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I worked for JB Hunt for almost 2 years and was quite happy........Until I was fired because someone called the number on back of my trailer. Who ever it was, could have been you LOL, said I was doing 70 mph and passing everybody like a madman. My truck at the time was governed at 55 mph. I was on flat ground at the time of incident. I was told to go to the New Jersey terminal and the head of the safety department and my dispatcher and myself had a 3 way phone call. I tried to explain about the governed speed of the engine and when he said he didn't know what that was and that he was through listening to me and I was fired for violating safety rules. He hung up. My dispatcher was on the phone still and apologized. She told me I could appeal his decision to some board (forgot the name of it). I told her that if a company employs a person like that as a safety director then I was fired. She said good luck finding another trucking job. I told her my work history and dac report and mva report was perfect and I could have another job today. Got on computer and was hired same day. Of course you know I had to go to orientation and get double cleared. Fired on Friday was in orientation on Monday. Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend JB Hunt to my worst enemy

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I was going to tell about some drivers and went to JB Hunt within the last year and what happened to them. Mostly to dispute the Praises that guy was heaping on them from a couple of post ago. But it certainly appears like he is a one-hit Defender. I don't know what desk he works at, but I think most with any kind of experience know the real JB Hunt

11. stratmaster5

stratmaster5 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Probably the president of JB Hunt

sevenmph Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.