JB HUNT is not as evil as all u say

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by lookingtotruck, Oct 27, 2007.

1. lookingtotruck

lookingtotruck Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I know you will all jump on me and probably are thinking I meant to post in bad companies but I am correct. JB Hunt is a good company, secure financially, I got good mileage with them for over a year, always pushed safety. Out of 30 in my orientation 8 were let go. 2 refused to take a drug test, and the rest failed the diriving test or backing test so all valid reasons. Everyone in the company was polite to me, the trucks are slow as you have mentioned here but well maintained. I am no longer with them only because I hate living over the road and want to be home every night.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Most of the drivers I talk with say they are getting worse. I know one from another board and he swore by them until he got sick and had to see a doctor for a colonoscopy. They did not want to get him in for the test and he was on a dedicated wally world account. After he saw the doc he said what all others had told me. They cut his miles and he was taking home $200-300 a week.:biggrin_2556:

4. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    JB Hunt was the first company I worked for back In 1992. They had fairly modern terminals with 24 hour shops, break rooms with big screen TV's and cable. Several showers available with towels available. Full time maintenance and custodians to keep the terminal clean including the showers. Many had a cafeteria staffed from about 6 am to about 8 pm for food on site. They also had a courtesy car available for drivers to borrow to go shopping or out to eat (it did have an hour limit to be fair to everyone though). I worked there from 1992 to 1998 and made over 60 grand a year there my last 2 years. I did get into a dedicated account out of Procter and Gamble in Mehoopany Pa and was paid 70.00 a day plus .28 cpm, had paid personal days, 2 weeks vacation, an assigned truck that went 68 mph, and home every weekend.
    I left due to the closing of the account and was offered otr again. I had no desire to do that (had been 3 to 4 weeks gone at a time when I first started).
    The fact is good drivers (meaning reliable, dependable, safe, and willing to work hard) will rise to the top at most companies. If the company treats you well, pays you well, gives you decent safe equipment, offers good benefits, gets you home when you need to, and shows you respect and appreciation for the job you are doing then you should be happy regardless of what others may say.
    I have always been regarded highly at each company I worked at because I always do my best and am straight with my dispatcher. It is extremely important to have a rapport with the people assigning your loads. Keep it professional and you will do well.

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Your post's title hit the critter right on the head and you didn't even know it. Some do well at JobHunt, and I may do well there myself. But you have to remember all those who went boldly before, worked hard, were loyal, and were then abused for their noble efforts. Nope, not every driver who encounters abuse at an outfit like this one is a lazy, flunkie loser. Far from it. Most are hard workers who won't put up with being abused for long.

To me, the odds of doing well at Jobby aren't good enough to take a chance on them. Also, I respect all those who've been burned at JobHunt. You can read plenty of their testimonies here. I'll show that respect by never working at that outfit.

Hiring on at JobHunt would be like marrying a woman who's been divorced 5 times. You want no part of that, lest you want to be number 6.

6. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Tip, I may not be there long enough to see what happens next...

They sent all of us a message saying that we were not to schedule anyone else for Orientation for OTR this coming week (10/29)

7. KnightRider

KnightRider Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Mr. Dude, your wrong there were 10 people in my orientation class that went OTR. Orientation was pure hell the safety guys screwed around all week and threaten us with being there friday, the guy that gave us the road test didnt even have a #### cdl :biggrin_25513: and then the guy would brag about how he's been smith system trained 4yrs ago and uses it everyday in his car to and from work and im sure you would be pretty darn good at it driving 200mi to and from work everyday (weiner) and ontop of all that the people that did the investigating on your backround was practically a joke. All and all it was orientation from hell and i will soon see that "JB HUNT really is evil as you all say"

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    All I know is that they make lots of money stealing drivers escrow money.:biggrin_25513:

9. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    JB hunt is the most vindictive people I know of... They lie, steal, cheat ext.... This company should not even be in business you ask me...

10. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    ok here we are discussing the bad things about companies and some are actually great points to make. there are pros and cons about every company. here is my suggestion... how about wwe do this .. i am going to apply at some of the big " Dont go there companies " and I will post everyday or every few days about how the company really is .. that is the least i can do considering that i may have to work at one of those companies until i have enough recent road exp to go where i want to go ... i have years of experience, but it was not recent enough for some companies ... so what I will do is this, i will apply to some of the BIG companies now and post what they say and tell me and you can get first hand of what they say and do and throw in your opinions for me to try and see what the company would tell me about certain questions .. if anyone is ok with this idea, let me know , i am willing to do this for everyone and at the same time get some recent exp for myself ....

11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    We run PA you ought to see if you can get on with maverick. They will not make you do a refresher and with your past exp you would only be with a trainer a couple days. They told me up to 6 weeks, but I was cut loose after a day or two.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.