jb hunt is one of the worst companies to work for

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by mimainman, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    you never worked for jb,

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Home brew

Home brew Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Looking at the "Grant" link - the average award for an entity providing jobs was 100k. It's funded for a total of 1 million dollars. So basically no trucking company is getting the subsidy - it's a subsidy for schools like your local tech school. Must be registered/accredited via the DOE.

Beneficiary EligibilityEligible applicants must be accredited and recognized by the Department of Education.
    Credentials/Documentation
    State government agencies, local government agencies or accredited postsecondary educational institutions must be accredited and recognized by the Department of Education. OMB Circular No. A-87 applies to this program.

I know of NO such training department owned and run by a trucking company that meets such criteria. Even if they did 100k a year to hire people isn't enough to put trucks on the road. A truck maybe, but not trucks and trailers. It costs a lot of money to hire a driver - all those packets you fill out, all the people you talk to, the physical, hair follicle etc - all of that costs money. Lots of it. 100k would be burned up in about 15 drivers.

ewill71, mje, muledriver and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I slept in a White 4000, because I ran out of fuel. The company I was driving for didn't give me enough for fuel. It could be worse.

5. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Someone in management at JB once told me that a new driver needs to work here 6 to 9 months before JB gets their money back for the cost of a new driver.

6. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    my account puts a significant amount of money into every new driver that comes out of orientation.the goverment is not paying jb a dime .

ewill71 Thanks this.
  7. helmhead

helmhead Bobtail Member

May 14, 2013
    Midland, VA
    Mule do you work at the RDC in Winchester?

8. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    JB Hunt does not get, nor does it need ANY subsidies. They are huge, and make lots of money (duh...they're in business to do just that) and THAT'S how they get new trucks and trailers. You may hate them but it's wrong to spew falsehoods about someone based on your personal feelings toward them. As far as them being so bad to work for...I've been with them for 6 years and would only leave for another great company that paid a crazy amount more money. Made over 60K last year. What a horrible company. Well...not for me.

9. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    The third time he didn't pass the road test because he hit the corner when he was making a right turn lol, im still with jb hunt nd im fine here

10. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    No I do not work at the rdc might have helped them a few times .

11. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    I worked for JB for a year . It was the worst job I ever had. I was treated like garbage and lied to.

I got hired by Crete in 1994. I was given an old truck. It had an 11 litre Detroit Diesel. It was really weak. Something wasn't right. No jake brake. In the first 12 months with Crete, I put 150k miles on the truck. After 18 months I was given a new truck. Bigger engine. Bigger sleeper. Jake brake. I was happy. I was treated nicely. I stayed 18 years. I quit to take care of my elderly parents.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.