JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. theTrucker

theTrucker Bobtail Member

May 6, 2006
    well, i've been reading your posts, and couldn't pass the opportunity to post a reply myself.

i currently work for jb and am on a dedicated account that gets me home every other night and every weekend off.

my dispatcher is a very nice guy, who pretty much tries to work with me on everything work related, such as extra days off etc.

now, it is all preplanned and drop and hook, so he really doesnt have a lot to do.
    i went into orientation on a basis that i'll be on regional fleet that would get me home every weekend, but while in orientation we started talking about various dedicated accts. so the long story short when i heard about this one i asked for the phone # of a fleet mngr., called up, been lucky since just that day somebody quit.

i get on an average 2400 miles a week, there is a short and long week, long week i run about 2950 and short week 1950.

when first started i was given an old trk '01 with about 450000 miles on it.
    5 months into it, they upgraded me to a new trk that goes 67 mph, 64 on cruise control.

i'd like the pay to be a little bit higher, i dont get paid otr rate, which is a shame :lol: and looking for something else right now.

only thing that is still keeping me here are teh doctors appts ( don't wanna loose that insurance ) and home time - it is sweet i must say.

regards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Almost sounds too good to be true...

4. Big Jason

Big Jason Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Another recruiter trying to spin a better view of JB? He says he may leave, but then brings up benefits....hmmm. The bottom line....JB Hunt lies, cheats, and steals. Thier recruiters should go back to telemarketing. There must be millions of elderly people they could be ripping off via phone scams.

Craig Harper reminds me of a used car salesman, wearing a cheap suit and rolling back the odometers of cars with over 200,000 miles. Or maybe he is more like a carnivale worker, getting hicks to put down hard earned money to win a prize at the Ring Toss Game. Either way, he trying to make a fool of you.

5. theTrucker

theTrucker Bobtail Member

May 6, 2006
    ok guys, first of all i am not a recruiter.
    i just told you my experience with jb, that's all.

i know there are a lot of unhappy drivers that drive for jb, i talk to them all the time, but in my case, again, i must say that things are ok.

like i previously stated the only problem i have with the company is the pay, since im on a dedicated acct, my pay is less than what they pay regional and otr drivers.

and yes, another thing i cant stand is their terminal in st louis, these mechanics just dont care about anything, all they want you to do is get out of their sight.

also, there are no safety, productiviy or fuel bonuses either, they also dont pay per diem on acct i'm on.

and the only reason i brought up benefits ( insurance ) is because i have to have a minor surgery done in this month, but after that i will most likely be gone in search of a company where i will be able to bring home at least $950-$1100 a week, with a decent hometime.

regards.

6. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO

7. Aussie

Aussie <strong>Thunder From DownUnder</strong>

May 7, 2006
    Lynchburg, VA
    :twisted: I worked for JB Hunt for about 3 months when I decided to go with their so called lease purchase program after a nasty incident with one of their fool fleet managers. I live in VA, was up in MA when wife had a bad car accident - I was due in to home the following Tuesday but the "kid" who was my fleet manager decided my route home was via Richmond VA ( I live in Lynchburg ) to Augusta GA and then home - he got sorted out quickly. He was forced to ring me and apoligize as well.
    Getting onto the Lease program all ran well for a few weeks - was making the promised $ and was happy with the way it was going till I spoke with my fleet manager - Joel Raymond - and from what I can gather, he was'nt impressed that he had an Aussie on his board - my miles immediately dropped and in one week I was left sitting for 62hrs which resulted in $0 pays for 3 weeks. Got a pay, was home for a 3 day break and then had my return date adjusted - back into $0 for 2 weeks. They lost an account because of his stupidity - gave me the wrong delivery date and was'nt man enough to take the blame himself. In the mean time I had some alledged safety violations - going into a turn lane and car attempts to get under me when truck is already in the lane - my fault of course. Going thru contruction zone - cars ahead go out of sight around a bend, find four stopped on the road, laid on the brakes and just missed them - had picked up a preloaded and sealed trailer with glass bottles on board so reported it just in case - at destination found trailer was overloaded to doors - 46,000lb - was blamed of course. On WV turnpike, 70mph going into Charleston along side river - DOT vehicle in breakdown lane - changed lane with plenty of room to spare with following car in fast lane - rings thru, admits doing about 90mph - kid from Ohio - blamed of course. In Il, last toll booth on I-294 going South - me in express lane bumper to bumper traffic - girl cuts in front from booth lane - wheel studs on F/R wheel hits her car - takes out her R/L guard, wheel rim, tyre - police arrive and threatened her with charges - no charges - she was taking next exit to right but going into left lane - blamed of course. Did safety drive at JB HQ - 98% - terminated. Found out if I had failed that I would have kept job ?????? Safety review board had me terminated before attendence - One was a Kiwi - Dallas, new fleet manager, Brian - never driven a truck and too afraid to voice an opinion and the head guy. Had 2nd review - Kiwi not there - someone else - reckons he had driven in Australia - said my Australian driving was showing thru - racist or not?
    I'm still contemplating suing them but I think class action would be the better bet for everyone

8. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Wow...that's alot of incidents. Even so, JB Hunt is well known as a dead end company, and while most people make it out alive after having worked there, they often wind up scarred, as you know now.

I don't know what kind of case you may have, if the accidents are correct, and if they were documented properly and were ruled against you. Of course, the "Aussie" remarks were out of line, but not racist.

I wish you good luck...

9. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Aussie,

I am so sorry for your experience. Just a little background on this site, in case you all didn't know, I started this site because of what JB Hunt did to me! Yes, I worked for JB Hunt for 3 weeks. 3 weeks of the most misery I have ever encountered in all my life. I thought to myself, "why isn't anything being done about this?". I looked all over the internet and NOBODY was doing anything like what I started here. So, I started it myself. I didn't want people to have to go through what I went through. Yet, almost 4 years later, here we are. People are still posting horror stories. I swear, I wish it was a requirement for a CDL for anyone applying to HAVE to come in here first! LOL. I truly feel for you, Aussie. I've been there, that's how.

But, think of it as a start! Come in here and STOP people from having to go through what you did! Tell everyone you know about this forum! Maybe we could actually put JB Hunt on their knees! I have no doubt, it can be done!

:brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave:

10. Aussie

Aussie <strong>Thunder From DownUnder</strong>

May 7, 2006
    Lynchburg, VA
    Lived in the US for close to 10 yrs - not even a parking ticket had never had a complaint till I worked for JB. In Australia - 1 and only ticket for speeding in 1986 and 1 parking ticket.
    It's the same old story - drive legaly, obey the rules and still get victimized because someone is in a hurry and "can't" wait that few extra seconds for the truck to clear.
    My pet wish is to bring over one of the monsters they use in Australia complete with the 63ft trailer, Bull Bar and most importantly, a Bush Driving lite - a sure way to blister the paint on a car and give an instant sun tan - for those idiots that won't dip their lites. The bull bar for those that want to change lanes too close - has to be complete with the railway line welded into the bumper section. The size for someone to see just how big they can be - 120,000lb - then make it a road train - lesson learnt.

11. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    We are also casualty of war with JB Hunt but I am determined to be victors. My hubby entered into their lease purchase program against my reservations. We almost went broke. If it wasn't for a very understanding landlady and the other creditors working with us we would have been dead in the water for sure. After repeated emails to the VP of the independant contractors and others hubby was able to terminate the agreement early without penalties. However after them taking out over $5,400.00 in maintenance and truck escrows we have just been informed they only intend to refund us $2,082.00! That is unacceptable and have told them that. We have an attorney now filing suit against JB and also have joined OOIDA and have informed them of JB. I also am calling the state DA telling them about this along with calling newspapers but outside of the Lowell Ar area (they will be less likely to be bias towards JB. I will not let up the pressure until all our monies are return. I refuse to let them get away with their nonsense any longer. I am hoping that a class action suit is lodged against them. We will be the first to sign up for it although I know we will have plenty of company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.