JB HUNT ,started 07/26/10

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by reddogg71, Aug 7, 2010.

1. reddogg71

reddogg71 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    fontana ca
    I said from the beginning that since I had plenty of time on my hands and just started with jb, that I would inform those who might be interested as to how it turns out. My last post also said that it went from bad to good. Furthermore, I said Ive had other trucking jobs. To sum up what is different from my other jobs and how things are at jb is:

1. never had to use a qualcomm
    2. had a whole weekend off, not 36 hours and call it a weekend.
    3. never had to type a safety message every day before rolling out
    4. never had a phone number on the trailer for someone to call in,
    and apparently jb will take the word of the caller over yours
    5. never had the knowledge that someone from the company might be
    following you and assessing your overall driving habits. (which did happen to me
    last week, and I know its true because they said I was driving with no headlights
    on during the daytime. I passed everything else. so really not a big deal.)
    6. make you call in for a briefing on certain loads. which turns out to be the same
    message everytime.
    7. monitor your idle time
    8. notify you that you had a hard braking. (Not that I have had one of those)
    9. match your logs to their gps

so once you get adjusted to all this, the miles are there and its clear sailing.

Ike and Ride-On Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Thanks for letting us know J'B's perticulars, Wondering if that is the same company wide, or things differ from terminal to terminal.:biggrin_2558:

4. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

8/13 ogden utah to redlands ca. and told to not assume time off for the weekend. was told i could be worked until midnight on fridays if needed. but was told when i get to redlands est time of 6:00 pm to take time off until 10am sunday.

Does JB "TELL" the driver what time he's supposed to be available? Or is it up to you to be back on time to pickup/deliver? I would think it would be up to the driver, but it doesn't look that way judging by the quote.:biggrin_25524:

No, I'm not trying to slam JB, you get it enough.

5. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    The weird hours and everything could maybe be expected, but 1200 miles a week is really not what anyone would expect. Noone could make a living on 1200 miles per week.:biggrin_25513:

6. reddogg71

reddogg71 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    fontana ca
    anyone in pennsylvannia wanting to join jb? they are offering a $1,000.00 referral bonus

7. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    true enough, but the only time I get a week like that is when there is some time off involved.

8. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    All this depends on the fleet manager you get, how long you've been there, and what account you are on. If you are dispatched out of Lowell, you can pretty much expect all the stuff in your list. The place is full of college kids that have no clue what we go through.

As for the number on the back of the trailer, I have had people call in on me for the dumbest stuff imaginable. I just take it in stride, you have to call in and listen to a kid read his prepared speech out of his "how to be an annoying jerk" manual. It's nothing personal. I had someone call in on me last week and say i had "the wrong placards" on my flammable load. How in the hell would he know what's in my trailer to say the placards were wrong? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Some of the fleet managers demand a safety message, most don't bug you. When i get one that does, i'll just type "get out and look before backing" every morning and be done with it. I tell him don't expect me to come up with anything creative at 6 am when I haven't had my cup of coffee yet, and that they aren't paying me to be a blogger. I get the concept, they want us thinking about safety, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain in the butt.

When you are driving up 540 in north east Arkansas, better mind your p's and q's, that's for sure.

The hard breaking program, I think, is actually a good idea. You have to slam them pretty hard to get one, and the guy that's getting a bunch of them is a big red flag for a driver who tends to follow too close, and a driver you might want to get rid of before he kills someone. Occasionally they happen, they understand that.

9. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

Too true. This is why anyone with self respect should never admit to working non union TL freight except to state they found something else worthwhile to persue.:biggrin_25525:

10. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    just what everybody needs another hand in their pocket pulling out money for nothing
    i have been in 3 different unions---all i got was steadily declining wage --and a crappy newsletter every few months

angeleyesinfl Thanks this.
  11. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    We have the hard breaking notification with the company I pull for. How I found out it was "recording" an incident of hard breaking, I was pulling a slight grade with the cruise control on and it somehow deemed I was "hard breaking."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.