JBHUNT Ruined my career and DAC.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DonPissedOff, Mar 8, 2009.

Drivers do you think you are the backbone of this country?

1. *

yes

77.7%
  2. *

no

23.2%
  1. DonPissedOff

DonPissedOff Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    First of all Id like to say hello to all of my fellow truckers out there being slave driven by their company....I feel and understand everything you are going through. Ok, let me just say that JBHUNT is THE most crooked and scandalous company I have ever driven for. They career destroyers so do yourself and your kids a favor and don't put your future in the hands of JBHUNT. I was terminated on 03/05/2009 for bumping into a gate while backing up. I barely bumped causing MAYBE $300 worth of damage...and thats tops!...
    I reported the incident because its JBHUNTS policy or you will be fired. Well it was reviewed and I was terminated because JBHUNT estimated the damage from Lowell,AR when the gate was in Los Angeles,CA at $4,000....I spoke to the owner who was a very cool guy and he said, "NO WAY"!!!! is this $4,000 worth of damage. And, he was in fact having it repaired by HIS welder. The damage was 6ft. tall and 6in. wide and could easily be repaired by cutting it and welding it back. Thats what the owner said was being done. JBHUNT put this on my DAC as a preventable and rated it as a $4,000 incident so I can longer drive a truck. They did this to compile together another incident a yr. ago I had when an O/O who could barely speak English ran into the side of my container....CHP said it was not my fault and that damage was not sufficient enough to even make a report...WRONG!!!! Get a report because CHP officer was being lazy. JBHUNT saw it that I was to babysit the other driver and prevent him from hitting me and at the same time maintain control of my vehicle....Im so pissed off right now because ruining a drivers career and DAC so I cant drive for the competition is just WRONG and entirely UNETHICAL!!:smt067JBHUNT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DonPissedOff

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    BTW im not a four wheeler im a Driver...i will be fixing this

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You're career's not ruined . Find a smaller company that doesn't use DAC . I've seen drivers with worse records driving .

90125-2 and panhandlepat Thank this.
  5. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    If you could get a letter from the owner stating the exact cost of the repair, you should fit it.. I drive for a concrete company, driving dry powder tankers, and they don't use the DAC system..

punkinhed Thanks this.
  6. GAPrincess

GAPrincess Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2009
    He is right about one thing though, JB Hunt does suck.

7. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    doubled took the words from my fingers: get a letter from the owner stating that the damage was not $4000 and clear up your dac.

8. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    Get a letter from the owner, contact DAC, and sent in a rebutal. It will be printed on your DAC for employers to see. If they are any kind of a co. they will see thru the smoke and not hold it against you. Good Luck!!!

9. JWinNC

JWinNC Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Mills River, NC
    If he got it in writing from the owner the official costs of the damage, could he have a legal case? JB falsifying documents or reports or whatever they call it?

10. DonPissedOff

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    i just spoke to a law firm and explained my termination and JBHUNT falsifying the damage report and she said there was nothing they could do for me....her exact words were,"Although it is unethical and wrong for them to do what they did its not illegal and therefore we can't help you I am very sorry.".....now there you have the ignorance and weakness of the system as to why companies can do what they do....there is no consequence for them.

11. DonPissedOff

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    my reply to the friend who said find a company who doesnt use DAC....thats a needle in a haystack...that is what i have to do to keep driving,but its not entirely about that...JBHUNT has rendered me not re-hireable.....so not only do they use up and then spit you out....they crap on you so thick that no one can see or touch you....i must say this to the new JBHUNT driver or recruit or the person thinking of driving for JBHUNT. DONT DO IT!!!!....they will ruin your career...I HAD A GREAT JOB OTR BUT I WANTED TO BE LOCAL FOR MY SON AND IT COST ME MY LIVLIHOOD.:biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.