JBHUNT Ruined my career and DAC.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DonPissedOff, Mar 8, 2009.

Drivers do you think you are the backbone of this country?

1. *

yes

77.7%
  2. *

no

23.2%
  1. Trucker82673

Trucker82673 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Wilmington,DE
    Sorry to hear what jbhunt did to you. Schneider screwed me like that after I got injured. Now here I am 3 years later I went through trucking school again and I can't find anyone to pick me up. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a company that will give me a chance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    omg. sorry to hear all these stories guys, hope things get better for you in the future. this is unfortunate.

4. grouchy

grouchy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2012
    crusher, ive only been driving a few years and i worked for jb. i liked jb untill the asked me to re-certify and when i passed they terminated me. to answer your question different driver expect different things from the trucking company they work for. some want more miles, or more hometime, or better equptment. its all trial and error. good luck. grouchy

5. coyote68

coyote68 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    paragould ar
    jb hunt sure screwed my career up as well. they said i abandoned the truck under a load when actually i turned the truck in with and empty trailer. i was a lease operator and refused a load and drove to louisville and turned it in because i had sat for 9 days out of the last 3 weeks i was with them. my weekly miles average was about 1500. i drive a rock bucket for a ready mis company now and make more than i did with jb and i am at home every night and off on weekends. you might try ro contact OOIDA to see if they can help you in any way. drivers need someone on their side to cambat these sorry companies.

6. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Truth is guys, an accident is an accident in the trucking world. You did it you yourself. Did anyone MAKE you hit anything? Was it preventable by you just getting out and looking? Being a "pro" isn't taking chances.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Mtn Gal and TRUCK3R M1KE Thank this.
  7. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    ya jbhunts safety dept is whacked .....had someone call in said i hit a stop sign ....it was alleady down when i got to the off ramp and i had a new xtralease trailer without a scratch on it but it still made it on my dac as struck stationary object should have left then but in a road closure in n.c they were flighting injured parties out after three hours i parked on an offramp with 4 trucks in front and quite a few behind we were all about 3 feet on right side of the painted line i got hit by a four wheeler who bounced off the dot bumper and drove off .....had to have bumper welded back on .....was listed by them as a preventable accident .....even though was not cited by trooper ......most carriers i went to after that still considered that non preventable no matter what the dac said wouldn;t touch jb with a ten foot pole now

8. TRUCK3R M1KE

TRUCK3R M1KE Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Spokane
    15,000 trucks
    40,000 trailers
    $4,000,000,000/yr revenue
    A number of drivers with 2mil, 3mil and even 4mil safe miles

Must be doing something right. Been out here since 02, and last 8 months has been with JB. Right attitude + right skills = this is a good company to work for.

But don't take my word for it. I've only been in the trucking industry over all since I could walk and have pulled vans/flats/doubles/reefer/intermodal for companies large and small in my 10 years of driving. I probably don't know what i'm talking about, but I'll be with JB until I retire if I can help it.

Mtn Gal Thanks this.
  9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Stop working for these bfi scums work for the small companies make more money and get treated better plus your helping the industry out by not working for them

10. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    You've never rubbed up against something? You will. It happens. It is not an accident. JB defined it as an accident. They are the ones losing out. It was merely a learning experience. That ole boy will find a good job. Shoot, I got one just down the street. I just dropped by and filled out an application. Luck will find him.

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    How's their driver turn over rate ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.