JCT questions

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by Wifeofdz, Sep 8, 2014.

1. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Steel, I know every driver at JCT is loyal for their own reasons, I get that when I first started I was the same way, but I'm trying to grow a business and I can't at JCT I don't want to create a job for myself, I want to manage a company and my drivers.
    I'm really not concerned about Schneider anymore, leaving JCT is something I've been considering for a couple months now, I'm not progressing here, and I'm not the type of person that can just be routine, I need to feel like I'm moving towards my goal and accomplishing something. I work my butt off at JCT trying to make more money, but most of that just went to that variable payment and fuel, atleast with my next opportunity I can benifit from more work because those cost are all fixed, not never-ending like that variable.
    And the thing with Schneider is the truck isn't tied to the company.
    And they do have a fuel surcharge, it's really the same as JCT this week.
    Appreciate all the helpful advice you've offered for the last year, I had read everything you said prior to ever speaking to a recruiter, I never do spur of the moment life decisions.
    And success is a matter of perspective everone would consider me a success here, I made ALOT of money, safe, on time all that, but there is a limit to how far you can go here, and I reached it, and is time to go.✌

HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    1st of all, I congratulate you for wanting to grow your business. That's a hard thing to do regardless who's name is on the side.

Concerning the comment about the fuel surcharge, if you have to travel 100 miles for your next load, you don't get paid for that. JCT doesn't make is pay for any permits, tags, reefer expenses, tolls,or scales.
    Every company has it's perks. Everyone has to decide they best fit for them. Good luck.

damonarnold816 Thanks this.
  4. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Steel Tiger, JCT makes you pay for alot more than you realize, some of it obvious and some not so obvious. That payment isn't variable for nothin, and that little extra pays off other things.
    And I wouldn't travel 100 miles for a load unless it was worth going that far to get, but I do understand what you are saying, Whats that saying, the grass looks greener from the other side.
    But I'll let you all know how it turns out, just having control of my revenue by picking my own loads makes me have to try this one out, as hard as I run (legally) I want to see me pocket more by working more, not by just controlling cost.
    I'm sure what I want to achieve isn't for everyone, and that doesn't make it right or wrong just makes it right for me at this present time.
    Believe me, I've taken all of what you said into consideration and compared the two programs, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out maybe a monthly update.
    Thank You.

HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thanks this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Btw,you don't need to run high miles on pct...it's about revenue per mile made...Running and growing a business isn't easy,if it was everyone would do it...I think you need to exercise a little bit of patience because getting worked up isn't going to help....btw also from a previous post of yours, you stated if you don't make it at sni,then you would go to landstar. ..well if you fail at sni choice then you most likely fail at landstar too...so clear your head and relax. ..you can work hard but but not to point of driving yourself into insanity.

damonarnold816 Thanks this.
  6. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Totally agree, and you are absolutely correct when you say if I can't make it at SNI I'd fail at Landstar, pretty much the same program lol, it's going to be great not to have to work myself crazy to accomplish my financial goals. I look forward to it.

7. Any news? Doing good over there? I'm leaving JCT tomorrow for A and A express.

8. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Dang thats a great looking truck you have there Hawaiian!

9. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Eh, its a Volvo.....its limited on how good it looks. LOL

10. Okay...cuz you're truck is soooo good looking. Lol.

11. A J

A J Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I gave 110% for four years for Jct and you have to research every single load assignment because the empty miles and loaded miles are shortest route miles sometimes that don't even exist by straight from point A to point be straight line across the country is longer than what they say they're shortest route is they will nickel and dime you every single way they can

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.