Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    He's gotta be the happiest cop on earth. If that driver can't leverage his way out of that ticket he should be shot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. florida ice

florida ice Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2010
    brooksville, fl
    wow, a lot of reading we are trying to choose landstar/jct. thanks to all for your postings

dabs Thanks this.
  4. fr8tshkr

fr8tshkr Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    wetumpka,Al
    ok all,,i am here at the days inn and will start orientation tmmrw morn wish me luck!

5. jaimesaz

jaimesaz Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2009
    williams, az
    Good luck to you! My husband completed orientation just over 2 wks ago. So far so good. He is busy and that is the main thing, doesn't sit around for very long between loads, I think the longest was 2 hrs. He usually has a preplan before he drops his current load. He is still very new and adjusting to the JCT way, but all in all things are going great!

fr8tshkr, Jarbo and dabs Thank this.
  6. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    Welcome aboard and good luck!

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  7. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    congratz, have fun and we'll see you on the road...

fr8tshkr Thanks this.
  8. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota
    I have a question about the "truck selection."

do they give an opportunity to drive the trucks around for a little bit to see if you will like it? If not, do they give the opportunity to switch trucks before 60 or 90 days or whatever? Personally, I've only driven a Volvo while in class. It's a decent truck, a well used lease truck, but perfectly fine for a college. It has a short sloped nose though. I would like to drive a long nose pete or KW classic to see the difference. I know most newb companies have cheap fleet trucks like Volvos, Columbias, etc. Nothing that really gives the idea of a long hood.

Also, I made the mistake of deleting a lot of the messages I have and I forgot who I was talking to about JCT... sooo.... if whoever it was sees this, send me a PM so i can have your name ready if any other questions pop up.

Thanks!!

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    We saw a Big yellow eagle At Sayre in he fuel isle. I thought it might be Dabs and Hubby. Was gonna go over and invite them in to lunch. We all know how that went last time.

Jarbo Thanks this.
  10. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    I could use some advice on JCT i have done alot of research on the company and believe they offer a great oppertunity for a trucker who is interested in being more than a company driver.I need a contact that I can talk to their not including the regular recruiters.I have a spotless driving record and DAC but It wasn't until the economy hit the skids that i began seeing trucking in a different light,and realised how much i wanted to be more invested in my own success,I will be 46 this year and really want to be more than a company driver for whatever time I have left in this industry.I really enjoy reading you guys post and appreciate any advice.Be safe out there.

dabs Thanks this.
  11. Jarbo

Jarbo Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, Texas
    look us up on facebook too, im windyrun@gmail.com send me an email if you want.

Im not on the phone alot this week due to my piss poor attitude but in the next few days i will be happy to talk to you and answer as many questions that i can. i'm even gonna wave the 1 slice min. just for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.