Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Keep the info coming there LMB we are all digging it.
    Do they hire driver's from CA?
    Also if you can tell us some more of your runs picked up .....delivered to.... miles..... would be great.
    THANKS! in advance neighbor.:cya:

Also do you know anything about how they run their solo driver's ?
    I know alot of people are all about running legal but sometime's some people like to cook the books for a few extra bucks if you get my drift.
    will they run you HARD....?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yes they hire from CA. Most of their loads are over there. Az too! As for logs, they are in a lot of trouble right now for logs. Checkout their dot record. They have really tightened up with their log books and will take absolutely no B.S. One downfall is they don't have company drivers anymore and in this current economic situation I don't recommend leasing a truck. They do run all the new drivers hard for the first few weeks to build up their maintenenance account then it drops off from there. As for teams I would not recommend, it is a smaller company and does no drop and hook. There was a lot of waiting to get loaded and unloaded.(wal-mart especially)

4. Harry Boland

Harry Boland Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Good luck Old Goat..Keep us posted.

5. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Although your experience was not what you expected, you do not know what is going on with this company at this time. I am running all the miles I want to, and in no way having trouble with my log book. I really do want you to keep your input comming in on this, but since you are no longer employed here, you can't really comment on what is happening today. I agree that the economy is bad,but everyone I talk to here is running great. I am going to deliver Wednesday and that will give me 6K for the week in miles, and I have a load alredy waiting to go back to the east coast, another 2800 miles Starting for next week. If my wife and I can get 4 to 6 k a week we are happy. If you want to work to make money, anddo not have to be home every five days, then this is the place

socal Thanks this.
  6. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    I am sitting here n ELOY for the nite. I have a load that is to be delv Wed, but my wife wants to get off the truck for the rest of the year (three weeks) so instead of going into CA they are going to let us swap with a load to NC(home). Then I will be on my own for a few weeks.

7. Babyboycorey

Babyboycorey Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    are you still getting good miles at JCT even in this slow down time thanks

8. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    AHHH! Home for the Holiday's.....Nice of them to honor you request..will be interested in how your doing solo..:biggrin_25525:

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    So far we have,but this the slow time of the year, so I expect it to drop off. Right now I am going to finish out this load in Riverside, CA, then DH to Yuma for a load to VA. On the way I will drop off the wife at home, and spend the weeken there, deliver VA Tuesday. Pick up a load in Richmond for Fla, then back to CA. I would say that is pretty good miles

10. STICK HAULER

STICK HAULER Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    HICKORY,NC
    Well lmb im in hickory waiting on your thoughts, you know we are out of anything to do here since your from nc, would not even think of doing this if i could find a good company job let me know whats happening here there are 3 of us thinking of doing this ,,,,,,,

11. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am Thinking of Joining JCT in March, I have talked to a few of the JCT drivers and they really seem Happy so i think i am going make the Switch, My question is how hard is it to get a Pete or W9. and any additional info would be helpful, like pet deposit can you put on additional lights or equipment, and what the fixed expenses are. thanks JJRanch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.