Job postings without a company name?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LarryTX, Jul 19, 2018.

1. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Should we just ignore these listings...or is there an excuseable industry-specific reason for these? Sure the ads with details are more legit, but I don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Here's some info on "blind listings" but not sure how much of that applies to trucking.

Ask Matt: Why do Companies Post Blind Job Ads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i would have said this, if i hadn't read it first.

so i'd say DO NOT IGNORE those ads, it MAY BE the very same company you wanted to work for, but they NEVER really advertise openly

LarryTX Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably helps weed out many snowflakes before wasting time on a face to face interview.

5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Recruiters for megas do it so they can get people on the phone who would never consider applying at a mega.

Some companies with specific experience requirements may do this to avoid dealing with the calls from people wanting to try to talk their way around the requirements. Instead they can file 13 the resume and be done with it.

I ignore job postings that are vague about important details. If the pay is listed as percentage, or competitive, or some such that tells me nothing about what I'll make per week/year, I pass. Playing games with job seekers is a good way to tell me you play games with employees. If I read your ad and can't tell what kind of job it is, if it's worth my time, then it isn't.

tax and LarryTX Thank this.
  6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Both times I replied to “nameless” job postings, it turned out to be JB Hunt and Sharkey. I never did it again lol

sevenmph, Ryan423 and LarryTX Thank this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    There are many reasons this happens. The primary reason is the carrier don't want direct contact. They have 3rd party people doing the work. What a lot of people don't understand is a lot of the medium to small carriers have reduced their HR staffs. Comcar did this in 2011 and 2012. They removed all WSE recruiters and if my information is correct consolidated them all in Florida. Remember follow the money. If you are interested in a carrier just use the contact info and apply. If the carrier turns out to be a non starter all you have done is waste a few minutes of time. HOWEVER I highly recommend that you use a temp junk email address like yopmail.com just to keep them from spamming you. They will trust me.

LarryTX Thanks this.
  8. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I use blind adds when I have hired drivers in the past .....well kind of I usually disclosed it is a job for an o/o

LarryTX Thanks this.
  9. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Thanks, guys. A lot of these listings include most details of the job, a phone number, and even pics of the trucks, but omit the company name. Mainly smaller companies and probably not recruiters. Might be best to pass on those unless i cannot find something else. Still weird to me, and a bit suspicious.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I've always looked at it as when they won't put out their name, they are ashamed of it. Why would I work for a company that's ashamed of themselves?
    Mainly it's too easy to look up the name anyway. Most of the time simply google the number, pulls up the company. Get the DOT number look up the company in SAFER and find they are at 90% and one failed inspection away from getting shut down.

Or, like another poster said, they are a recruiter for a mega and want to get a person on the phone before disclosure to try and sell the company.

LarryTX and driverdriver Thank this.
  11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Heartless does it on Craigslist., lol

LarryTX and DTP Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.