Jobs For New AZ Driver 36 Years Old

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by AZ087, Feb 13, 2024.

1. AZ087

AZ087 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2024
    I'm located in the GTA and have been applying to a lot of Indeed and Kijiji ads with no luck so far. I've had my license for 2 months now. I've tried going in person with resume and cover letter but everyone wants at least 1 year experience.
    Maybe I'm not applying to the right companies?
    I tried Gibson but didn't have any luck.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Canada-wide only.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    No USA?
    Is it a can't go to usa or won't go to usa?

Edit to add:
    I thought more about my response and should add.
    If usa is not an option for whatever reason, you may try local dump truck companies, cement trucks, sea container companies. Gta doesn't have much grain hauling that I've ever seen but down my way there is plenty.

A lot of the kijiji ads and companies in the same field as Gibson will pretty much require going to usa. They have plenty of experienced drivers who either can't or flat out refuse to go to usa and they get the Canada only runs or else they quit and go find someone who will run them how they want.

If a kijiji ad works just beware the countless companies in the gta who will ask you to open your own company so "they can pay you more." DO NOT OPEN YOUR OWN COMPANY TO DRIVE SOMEONE ELSES TRUCK, EVER!!!!! You'll end up with a ton of tax issues, you will make less in the end, and if they flat out refuse to pay you there is no labour board to help you, you're basicly just screwed. Only consider opening your own company if there is a day that comes you want to buy your own truck. And ask lots of questions here before doing anything other than just be a company driver.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    Reason for edit: Add
    Peplow and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  4. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Not wanting to cross the border is going to be real tough to get your foot in the door of trucking . Most of us had to driver for companies like Kriska , schneider and Challenger for a year or two then move on or some stayed

with how the economy is right now even the big companies aren’t hiring newbies and i hope you didn’t go to a fly by night trucking school because the big boys will not hire you .

Magoo1968, Peplow and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  5. ilovetruckz

ilovetruckz Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Gardewine will hire you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.