Jobs in ND Oil Patch

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 8x8, Aug 21, 2009.

1. LightsOutND

LightsOutND Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    Power Fuels is hiring. I haul freshwater for them out of Stanley. We mostly work for Hess and Whiting.
    Rockee the Scenic is just out of Newtown on 23 where it hits 8.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LightsOutND

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    And you are way off on the pay scale. If you are working for less than $30/hr you are getting shafted. Heck the girls working the register at the Cenex make $17.

4. LightsOutND

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    Asphalt Warrior we have a bunch of guys out of WA. The schedule for out of staters is 3 weeks on (working 6 on and 1 off) and then a week off. The guys from MT, ID and WA usually take the train home that way they can sleep most of the way. You would get more home time then you would doing any type of OTR. I tried to send a couple PM's too but I guess I don't have enough posts yet? I am not the most computer literate driver out there. (I just now figured out that there's 27 pages on this thread, I was replying to page one! Thank God an 18 speed Pete is so much more simple to master than a PC)

5. LightsOutND

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    Donger- I agree it would be hard to see that rig sitting in the driveway not making any money. It would be harder to see a couple of winch trucks pulling what's left of it up out of the Bear's Den. LPK is right on. leave your truck sitting there. Get out here and go to work for someone else. Learn the roads and make your mistakes on someone else's equipment. Then when you have all your questions answered by experience, go home, set up your truck, come back and make some money. There are a lot of O/O opportunities out here but there is a short learning curve when it's your rig. LOTS of trucks get wrecked out here all seasons. I am not trying to talk you out of driving for yourself. I am planning on doing that when the grass turns green again, but no way would I tell ANYONE to learn out here in their own truck. It's a whole new set of problems than driving OTR or anything else. Tires, fuel, parts, everything costs WAY more then you are used to. And there are basically NO mechanics. Period. If you have to have your truck hauled to Fargo or Bismarck to get worked on get ready to wait. The big outfits like mine have them backed up and take precedence since they can afford to pay through the wazoo. It's a great idea to own your own truck out here, but you should drive for someone else first.

blazingtrails Thanks this.
  6. LightsOutND

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    I can't figure this private message thing out. David if you want to gat hold of me the easiest way is on Facebook. Look me up. I don't think there's too many Jason Anderson's in Kenmare ND. We only have about 1100 people.

7. LightsOutND

Sep 12, 2011
    Kenmare, ND
    Or look up Badlands Power Fuels, that's my employer.

8. juanwalker38

juanwalker38 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Aiken,SC
    what the pay for pipeline guys up in ND.

9. blazingtrails

blazingtrails Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    That is great advice. Thanks!!

10. Asphalt Warrior

Asphalt Warrior Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2010
    LightsOutND - I have been referred to Power Fuels before but didn't follow up on it. I've been told that a first year driver makes between $60,000 and $90,000. Is that accurate?

11. Asphalt Warrior

Asphalt Warrior Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2010
    LightsOutND - Also, does Power Fuels have housing available to it's employees or would I be responsible for my own quarters? Thanks for your help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.