Jobs on dac report

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Fuzzymumbo, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fuzzymumbo

Fuzzymumbo Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    If I go to start for a new company And it doesn't seem to work out dose it go on my dac report if I quit before my official start date?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Depends on a lot of things. In general the answer is no!

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    However some companies like Covenant partner with 15 other companies. When I attended orientation and was sent home noon that first day, they were the only one to retain that as non hireable.

Because of that partnership, all the other 14 companies with them automatically see me as nonhireable.

This is not DAC, this is just a group of companies colluding to exclude those who managed to bypass or work around DAC. It does create a problem to this day because they tied it to my SSN, so any employer today going to check my history that is the only one left from 40 years that pops up. Then I have to explain to that prospective employer that doing a hearing test in a room with 50 people is a no go and it turned into literally a federal case with a lawyer involved on my part for ADA purposes. So as long there is a Covenant, I will repeat that story. But for right now, I don't need to worry about that anymore. I am completely and totally out of the workforce.

In my time some trucking work did not even show up on DAC at all. or checked it even. Dump Truck Paving was my solution. They just hired me on the spot, started working next day, stayed a few years and unemployment each winter until it warmed up enough to get back to paving again. I was employed with no gaps, that's the key to getting back onto the OTR.

I understand that eventually in your life time whatever you do even if it's for one day it will go onto a database somewhere.

Need4Speed and truadvocate Thank this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    read what you say, carefully....

"if i go to start, for a new company, and it doesn't seem to work out"..

then you quit...period. some companies "start date" is day one of orientation.......if they "pay you" a nominal salary at the end of the week, often called "orientation pay", then you are employed.

now, that's the way it was, back in my day......

i went to a now long defunct flatbed company out of Davenport, IA.....i left before the end of the week, while i was IN orientation.

i got DAC'd as NOT hirable and left WITH NOTICE even though i had told them it was not for me.

Need4Speed and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    is the state a at will employment state?

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Honestly EVEN IF this got reported to DAC you won't have any problems finding a job. These carriers need warm bodies to get in those trucks. Stop worrying about it. It's really not a thing.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    If by, "it doesn't seem to work out", you're talking about a failed drug test,then yes it will show up.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Yea details bud did you fail the whizz qiuz

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If you start with a company and they use Dac, it may be reported. But not all companies use Dac.

11. Lakeshow

Lakeshow Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Depends HOW you quit.. If you have good communication and respectfully let them know the job is not for you then they will not report. If you abandon their truck or just dont show up they will obviously report you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.