Joe & Tow's new trucking adventures/ex GTI thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1135, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    well i am beside the scale in Gilroy at the Garlic Farm and cant see the building
    i need my radar off the boat

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    image.jpg For TOW614 lol

tow614, Blu_Ogre and Bumper Thank this.
  4. HeartofaTrucker

HeartofaTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Wow,

Been gone for awhile and come back months later and everyone is still talking about...... GTI!

Well, quick update on Heartland and GTI from the corporate perspective, skip if you are not interested.

As of a couple of months ago, the company paid off the last of the remaining debt from the acquisition, and is once again debt-free!

In November and January, GTI drivers (and Heartland drivers) received the largest pay increase ever in the history of either company.

GTI has grown in the number of people who drive for them. They are at about the same size as they were at the time of the merge, after dipping down about 2% in 2014. Heartland as well.

GTI's old trailers have been rapidly getting sold and replaced with brand new trailers. The age of the trailer fleet has NEVER been newer. Good mix of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 model year trailers.

GTI's trucks are getting rapidly traded out this year for brand new trucks that are spec'ed even better than the previous ones. By the end of this year half the fleet will be model year 2016's and the oldest truck will be a model year 2014.

In the most recent CSA scores, Heartland has the best overall CSA score. GTI has the second best overall CSA score.

Many of you are used to hearing me talk about these things, and some are interested in it, and some are not. Take it for what it is. Not trying to recruit anyone.

I'm sure the slams against the company are sure to follow from the usual suspects (all whom I enjoy conversing with), but from someone who knows what's going on and seeing it first hand, things are going just fine here, thank you!

- HOAT

5. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Vic is banned, lol. I was thinking about you the other day. I had whipped cream, oh sorry. Wrong person, lol. Let me ask a question. I know the old reefers are gone, but from a few guys I still talk to over there, they haven't been replaced and they were worried about the TC fleet going away. And you guys are doing away with the 14' trailers too? I figured you might because you can't take them east of Nebraska.

7. HeartofaTrucker

Nov 17, 2013
    There has definitely been some reefer trailer cleanup going on to sell the old, old stuff, though the TC load count is roughly about the same or more as what it was before. Looking at the number of drivers in the TC division also, I think there are actually more TC drivers then there were before. There is no intention of the TC fleet going away.

High-cube trailers, we haven't gotten rid of those. But they will be part of the trade cycle coming up. We do have some specialized programming in our computer systems that help to prevent either GTI or Heartland from sending one East, so we are prepared to deal with them on both sides.

By the way, I was thinking about you too, yesterday in fact. My wife is a staunch Eagles fan, and is going crazy over these trades of Foles, McCoy, etc. I'm trying to assure her there is a grand plan with the trades, but she is a little freaked out right now. She said she is bringing her McNabb jersey out of retirement from the closet.

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Even God tweeted (I love his Twitter) about what the hell is going on with Chip Kelly. Literally trading every top notch offensive player. I have no clue what he has in mind, but it looks like he's trying to recreate Magic with some of the old Oregon Ducks. I know he's been eying their QB, but to trade Foles for an immobile QB? He needs to be drug tested.

9. HeartofaTrucker

Nov 17, 2013
    I always liked Foles, think he is a serious up and comer. The McCoy departure hurts too.

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    LeSean McCoy is one one of the top guys in the league. And Macklin is still a top tier guy. This is really, really confusing.

11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Chip kelley has dimensia..i think thats how you spell it...

hey hoat....out of curiousity i did the income comparison test with gti and i am better off where i am even after gti raises...and they need to quit deceiving people about their bonuses that no one gets....

also...as far as us still talking about gti...i still talk about my ex-wife i divorced in 1980...always hoping she would get hit by a car...guess what...she was in a motorcycle accident a few months ago and lost a leg as a result...so you see...good things do come to those who wait.....lol

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.